cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning captioning to guest panelist not working in webinar

JeanN
Listener

Never had issues with assigning captions to an attendee outside my organization before, but something seems to have changed.   I've used a live captioner who joins the webinar using their own email ID, I promote them to panelist and assign captions.  When testing captioning in a webinar practice session, realized I am no longer able to assign captioning to someone outside my organization's zoom account.   I can only assign it to panelists within my org. 

Has there been an update or change I've missed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JeanN, Welcome to the Zoom Community! 

I see that your discussion has not yet received a reply from the community so I wanted to check in 🙂 

I am very happy that you were able to reach out to our support team. It does seem that this issue will be resolved across any OS in the 5.8.6 client which will be released on November 22. Thank you so much for your patience! 

We can't wait to see how else you contribute to our growing Zoom Community! 

Zoom Moderator

-CA

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JeanN, Welcome to the Zoom Community! 

I see that your discussion has not yet received a reply from the community so I wanted to check in 🙂 

I am very happy that you were able to reach out to our support team. It does seem that this issue will be resolved across any OS in the 5.8.6 client which will be released on November 22. Thank you so much for your patience! 

We can't wait to see how else you contribute to our growing Zoom Community! 

Zoom Moderator

-CA

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?