cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Controller App on Andoid doesn't work after update

ANDY-ACET
Listener

Hi, We are using a Logitech Rally Bar with Zoom Room application in Appliance Mode. We then have a Samsung Andoid tablet which hosts the Zoom Room Controller app. Yesterday the app ran an Auto Update. Since then the app hangs at 'Requesting Zoom Rooms Information'.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing app, and have power cycled all devices and network. Is this an issue with the new app...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Loïc
Listener

Hi everyone

Fyi, version 5.11.4 is available in the Play Store and fixes the problem

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Rene_Brekelmans
Listener

We have the same problem. All our Samsung  tablet's running version 5.11.3 of the controller app are affected. 

Loïc
Listener

Hi everyone.

We're facing the same problem.

Could you please let us know when the Zoom Room Controller app will be updated ?

It's pretty urgent to fix this issue.

Best

TM_RG
Listener

Yes, we are seeing the same on all our Samsung Android tablets as well.

Derschatta
Listener

We have the same issue. Already tried deleting the data and reconnecting to the room, without luck. Updating the Zoom software on the windows machine didn't help either. This is quite annoying and should be fixed as soon as possible.

We have a Samsung tablet as well.

TheMix
Listener

We are having the same issue with our Galaxy Tab A7 Lites. The Zoom Rooms Controller app launches, says "Connecting to Zoom Rooms" for a few seconds, then crashes to the home screen. We've also tried all the fixes mentioned above - the app is completely unusable on these devices, even on a fresh install.

Has anybody had any luck getting a response from Zoom support?

Loïc
Listener

Hi everyone

I submitted a ticket yesterday and the Zoom support requested further info such as tablet models, Zoom client version, etc.

Robertoey
Listener

Same issue here.  The version of the Android app in the Play store on the web is still 5.11.3 so our MDM isn't updating the android devices.  However, if I go to the device and do a Play Store App update of the Zoom Room app, it upgrades to 5.11.4, which works.

Fine for a few devices that are local, but remote ones I can't get to so they're all say there cycling as the Rooms app keeps restarting.

I have submitted a ticket.  

TheMix
Listener

Hey everyone, I've submitted a ticket to Zoom Support and they've advised that this is a known issue. They have not given an ETA on the fix, but have said that it is being worked on. Their advised temporary workaround is to rollback to to the previous version of the Zoom Rooms Controller app (version 5.9.3), found here: https://zoom.us/client/5.9.3.1069/zrc.apk

Good luck!

Loïc
Listener

Hi everyone

Fyi, version 5.11.4 is available in the Play Store and fixes the problem

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

If it doesn't work for you, download it from the zoom download center

https://zoom.us/download

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

We have the same issue with pairing Zoom Rooms Controller app on Android and DTEN Me  and Poly (both running on Android) ZR v5.11.0 (1540)