cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting Room into Breakout Room

JaimeJMarrero
Listener

Hello,

Is there a way (or suggestion) of moving participants from Waiting Room to a Breakout Room and bypassing the main session? I need the participants to remain anonymous amongst each other, but I need to be able to identify them (and troubleshoot camera/mic if necessary). Many often just log on as 'iphone' or 'Joe's iPad', but I need to be able to communicate with them, so I can rename them if they can't rename themselves. Thanks for your ideas. 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Sorry... the only pathway out of a Waiting Room is into the main Meeting room.  There's no way I'm aware of to make all attendees anonymous to each other, except as attendees in a Webinar.

The only work-around I can think of is to move people from the Waiting Room to the main Meeting room one at a time, and move each person into a Breakout Room before you Admin the next person from the Waiting Room.  Sounds tedious... and it is.  If you really wanted to do this, and invest some time and energy into a solution, I have one more suggestion... but it's a lot of work.

There's a new product called ZoomOSC, built on the Zoom client application Software Development Kit (SDK).  There is a reasonably clean interface between the capabilities of ZoomOSC and a StreamDeck running the alternative StreamDeck control software called Companion.  With a Companion-controlled StreamDeck being fed information from ZoomOSC, it could be a matter of a few StreamDeck button presses to go through this process:

1. Admin the next person from the Waiting Room.
  2. If the person needs to be renamed, that would have to be done manually (though if you had a list pre-loaded of expected attendees, you could rename to one of the known names).
  3. Select the name of a Breakout Room that this person should go into.
  4. Send this newly admitted person to the selected Breakout Room.
  5. Repeat for the next Waiting Room person.

If you're interested in this, I'll provide you some guidance - but I'm not an expert on ZoomOSC processes yet.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !