cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background

EMT_RR
Listener

I hope I am in the right room for this discussion.  I am using a Dell PC and have started joining Zoom sessions.

I  would like to be able to set up my Virtual Background but cannot do this.  When in a Zoom session, the ability to create a Virtual Background or Filter (off the Video icon) is disabled.  When I click on Settings (again, off the Video icon), the ability to create a Virtual Background or Filter is disabled.  Is there something that I need to do to change this.

I worked with a friend who is an Zoom account admin and he set up a test session.  His wife and I joined this test session.  His wife, who had the same privileges as me, was able to create a Virtual Background.  I still cannot create a Virtual Background.

I know that I must have something set wrong but cannot, for the life of me, figure out what it is or even where to start. 

TIA!

1 REPLY 1

brooks
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

hi there. let's make sure you have a few things in place first. you will want to make sure you have the minimum hardware requirements as listed here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-Zoom-Virtual-Background-system-requirements

if that looks ok, login to your Zoom account and make sure you have the setting toggled on that allows for VB's as shown here under Account Settings, In Meeting (Advanced)--

brooks_0-1636053328007.png