cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using webex board to connect to zoom

webextozoom
Listener

I have created a zoom account paid subscription and bought an API room connector and associated it with a webex board.  If the zoom account I created for this, creates a meeting and I invite the webex board through our O365 resource calendar, it works perfect and has one touch.

If a zoom account without a connector sends an invite, it first won't have the SIP info and the meeting will just show as a meeting.  I then have to go to the button I created for zoom and manually join.  But I get the error that the meeting host doesn't have a CRC room connector.  Now I then get a code on the screen and I can do the whole login, enter the code, etc and get it to work, but that is a PITA.  I read then that we can automate that with the API connector and use our connector and join as an attendee.  However, that is where I am stuck, how do I get that to work.  I am not finding good documentation..

Also, why does zoom make it more difficult to join a zoom meeting with a webex kit?  Teams and google meets just join right up nothing else we have to do and no additional costs...

Anyway, if anyone has done this so they can use a webex kit to join a zoom meeting automatically where the host doesn't have a CRC Room Connector, and has any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @webextozoom

If you go into your Rooms admin portal and then to your calendar integration page and click edit on the calendar integration that you have with Zoom and the Webex Kit (assuming that you are registering the room or at least provisioning the room through Zoom) then you can go in that setting and turn on (enable) Webex parsing. This will allow Zoom to recognize in the location field of the calendar event that the meeting is a Webex meeting and parse the URL correctly to your Room. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.39.42 PM.png

 Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?