cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use gallery view on multiple screens using Zoom for Poly Studio X50?

David_Larsson
Listener

Hi!

I'm trying to setup a hybrid learning environment for my teachers where we want dual screens in a small room: one at the front, one att the back of the room. Two cameras ar used: the main camera (X50, placed above the Flip) and a Logitech Brio 4K at top of the screen in the back of the room. Whe have choosen this setup so that the teacher should be able to view both the participants in the classroom as well as the participants at home. Therefor we only want gallery view to be shown on the rear screen (and nothing els). The front screen is a Samsung Flip3 interactive screen which will be used for whiteboard, screen sharing etc.

Problem: when screen sharing, the system performs as we want but when NOT screen sharing the system only shows gallery view on the front screen (we want it at the rear). How do i solve this? I realy don't want to add an extra computer in the system just to present gallery view on the back screen.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @David_Larsson 

Changing the display settings in Room settings may work.

Ohkawa_0-1660817405557.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ohkawa

Hi, @David_Larsson 

Changing the display settings in Room settings may work.

Ohkawa_0-1660817405557.png

@Ohkawa Thank you for your help! Best solution so far. Unfortunatly I discovered another problem when trying the solution.

As trying your solution I realize now that I totaly forgott the bonding sessions at the beginning of the day when I wrote my initial post (sorry for that!). My teachers want to be able to make all the participants to se each other in the beginning of the day. In other words: they want to be able to display Gallery view on the front screen as well. When setting both screens to Gallery view one half end up on the front screen, the other half on the rear screen. Is there any setting that can change this so that when setting both screens to gallery view everybody ends up on both screens?

Ohkawa

@David_Larsson 

Unfortunately, there is no such setting.

Technically, it is possible to do the following.
However, this method is complicated and may not be practical.
If you want the same gallery display on the front screen and rear display during a bonding session, you can use one of the X50's HDMI outputs and distribute it to the front screen and back display using an HDMI splitter.
When the bonding session is over, simply reconnect the rear display's HDMI input and the X50's output as before.

@Ohkawa 

I was afraid that would be the case. For the moment being I think we will go with to the first solution, but I will consider the second option though, maby routing it in the following way: 

X50 HDMI1 > Flip3 HDMI1

and

X50 HDMI2 > Passive HDMI Splitter (to clone HDMI2) > Rear screen + Flip3 HDMI 2

Then flipping between screens will be done by selecting Flip3:s HDMI1 or HDMI2 input.

A big THANK YOU for helping me out on this matter!

//David

Ohkawa

@David_Larsson 

That's right!

Here's what it looks like in the diagram.

Ohkawa_0-1660831465547.png