cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms texting set up

sparkymark
Listener

New to zoom, and as I'm sure you are aware the admin panel is super confusing and the menus are cluttered.  I went to support articles and figured out how to change policy and enable sms (not so obvious).  I can't send or receive texts and so I believe it might be at the user level, but the support topics I read don't seem to match up to the menu choices, so I have no idea how to enable texting for anyone. opened up a ticket, but not sure how long that will take ... thanks in advance for any help,

4 REPLIES 4

beardbrad
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

sparkymark,

You'll first need to enable SMS for the account under Phone System Management > Company Info > Policy and then you can start to enable or disable SMS for individual users as well. This document does a great job running through the process Setting up SMS 

If this helped you, please mark it as a solution so it may help others.

Brad

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I am pretty sure it is not an "instant on" option. I think at least 24-48 hours to be active and available to use.

beardbrad

From what I've seen, the user may need to sign out and sign back in but if they do that, they should see the option right away.

Brad

BrandonS

Yss, I agree they will see the option.  Maybe it only applies to newly ported numbers?, but I recall some circumstances where you couldn't just turn it on and expect to send and receive SMS immediately.