cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bulk assign phone numbers to users in 1 step by name

dylanhunt
Attendee

Is there a way to bulk assign phone numbers to users in a single spreadsheet? 

I know have to first import users using a CSV, assign them licensing and build the account. During this process Zoom will auto assign them an extension.

Now how to I find these new 100 users that don't have phone numbers?

I will need to export them, then put their extension into the "phone number import CSV" that will assign a phone# of my selection to a specific user's extension. 

Seems like lots of steps for a product that uses CSV's for import. can't believe there isn't a single template to do this. 

would it be faster to create a site called Import-Temp assign all users to that site, then filter them, export/import them as needed then re-assign them to the master correct site? 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @dylanhunt 

Do you not want to import the Users assigning an Extension number, a Phone Number and a License for each all at once in the Phone System Management > Users & Rooms import function?

Craig

I don't see how to create the user accounts as SSO using this spreadsheet. There doesn't appear to be a field in this spreadsheet for Single Sign-on. is SSO a check box during the import of the spreadsheet? also, if will that process auto-assign zoom extensions to the users if left blank.? 

dylanhunt
Attendee

confirmed, there is no method to create an SSO user if one uses the phone management User/rooms csv file to create user assign plans and phone numbers.  

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there,

You can do user provisioning using SSO. For that you will need to configure SSO following the steps here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363003-Quick-start-guide-for-single-sign-on-SSO-#h_01EY...

Followed by that, you will have to do SAML mapping to setup users to be provisioned via SSO:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005888686-Setting-up-basic-SAML-mapping

Also, on your original question. Yes it is a two step process ( assuming you are not using SSO )

1. Step 1 is importing users for meetings. Perform the export ( this is the basis to create Meetings or video only users )

2. Assign the users phone licenses, extensions, phone numbers via csv upload process

Hope that helps