cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom logs out when I "log in on another device"

mfdavies
Listener

Zoom automatically boots you off one computer when you log in to another.  This should not happen.  The UI should ASK (on both devices if necessary, only requiring the answer on one to force it to uccur) if you want to be logged out of one vs the other.  I have a desktop and two laptop computers (I travel a lot).  They all have Zoom installed. My laptops are "asleep" on my desk, and I'm working on my desktop, and all of a sudden, my desktop logs me out of Zoom.  I assume a laptop wakes up (because of antivirus or something similar)  and auto logs in, which kicks me off my desktop.  This happens while I'm actively using Zoom ( I just got kicked off a phone call on my zoom phone!) and the other computer is simply passively logging in.  this is AWFUL design and needs to be fixed.  I had this happen many times on zoom meetings, but it doesn't kick you off the actual meeting, but on phones, it literally ended my call.  this is not acceptable as a professional-grade phone system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @mfdavies

I am going to create a support ticket and we can talk about this via the Support ticket. I will be emailing you shortly. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

YaBoiB

Hello @mfdavies

This is not typical and not by design. I am logged in to three of four devices on my Zoom account and I do not get kicked out. This is an issue with your account and we can work on figuring out why this is happening. 

First, are you the owner of this account or does your work or organization own the Zoom account? 

If you are not the owner, the admin may have a time limit on how long you can stay logged in to the account. If that is the case we should work with your IT team on pushing that time up to a more reasonable level. 

Second, do you log in via a work email login method, or do you log in via SSO (single sign on). 

I need to know more about your account, but we can talk about this NOT on this channel if you do not wish to divulge any of that information ( I understand). 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

It is a work owned account, but I am the primary owner.  Time is definitely not the problem - I might stay logged on for days at a time, or I might get logged off in a matter of minutes.  It is definitely related to whether another computer is logged on - I've reproduced this manually and directly.

Note that I'm specifically talking about computers, not my phone or tablet.

I log in via SSO. happy to go to DM for private details.

YaBoiB

@mfdavies

I take that back. I was incorrect. I just looked it up. I knew that we had a support article for this, but I could not find it earlier. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000787483-Can-I-use-Zoom-on-multiple-devices-

This is the minimum devices that you can log into with your Zoom account. 

Please let me know if this is helpful and if so, please click the accepted solutions button. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Right

You can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device. 

This is the problem.  It should read:

You can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, Zoom will give you the option be logged out of the first device or the second device."

Please submit this as a fix request.  This is really not cool.  It's one thing for meetings (where you stay on the meeting if you're not the host), but REALLY not acceptable on my business phone system to kick me off a call because my laptop decided to wake up in a totally different room.

YaBoiB

Hello @mfdavies

I am going to create a support ticket and we can talk about this via the Support ticket. I will be emailing you shortly. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Awesome thanks!

Why not surface the solution to this thread?    

Zoom phone is logging out at random for me also with the same message and we are not violating licenses.   I just move between 2 desks using softphone on two machines both of which are mine.

YaBoiB

Hello @rsclark

The reason that I asked this user to submit a support ticket is because we have to investigate the cause of this and I cannot do that in an open forum like the community. So sorry. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I have the same problem @YaBoiB. I upgraded to Pro account yesterday and now, I can no longer login to my iPhone App as it signs me out and doesn't let me log in at all and the system keeps logging me out after some duration vs. just keeping me logged into my Zoom account on Macbook and iPhone.  Fix is appreciated as I looked at all settings and hadn't changed them at all so surprising to see this auto change and unable to be easily fixed. Thank you.

Same here.  We just shifted to Zoom phone and now we're getting our PHONE SYSTEM (zoom phone) shut down because it quietly logs out.   This has to improve.   We had no idea this would happen.  We are NOT violating licenses.