cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone : how to define active time frames ?

glevray
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello,

We have replaced our Cisco Deskphone by Zoom phone.

With the old system, I could configure that :

From Monday to Saturday, From 07:00am to 19:00, all incoming calls are forwarded to my mobile phone.

Out of these time frames, the incoming calls are just going to the Cisco answering machine and I received a mail with the voice message.

How can I configure this functionality with Zoom phone ?

I did some searches, read a lot of documentation but couldn't find anything related to that.

Thanks and regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@glevray 

This is doable in Zoom phone. If you are referring to a DID assigned to a user, you can configure this by going to the Users & Rooms>user's profile>User settings>call handling>edit>add a phone number

after this you can set the business hours and once you do that you will see a closed hours call handling portion and you can edit that and set the "when a call is not answered" to go to voicemail which in turn you can upload/record a VM greeting that will tell the callers to leave  a VM. IF Vm send to email is enable on your account, you will receive an email when VM is sent to you and you can check it as well in Zoom soft clients and/or desk phones.

IPMan_0-1663680583712.png

You can also do this by assigning the DID to an Auto Receptionist which will forward the calls to your mobile phone during business hours and to VM after business hours.

IPMan_1-1663680759263.png

IPMan_2-1663680764190.png

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man

@glevray 

This is doable in Zoom phone. If you are referring to a DID assigned to a user, you can configure this by going to the Users & Rooms>user's profile>User settings>call handling>edit>add a phone number

after this you can set the business hours and once you do that you will see a closed hours call handling portion and you can edit that and set the "when a call is not answered" to go to voicemail which in turn you can upload/record a VM greeting that will tell the callers to leave  a VM. IF Vm send to email is enable on your account, you will receive an email when VM is sent to you and you can check it as well in Zoom soft clients and/or desk phones.

IPMan_0-1663680583712.png

You can also do this by assigning the DID to an Auto Receptionist which will forward the calls to your mobile phone during business hours and to VM after business hours.

IPMan_1-1663680759263.png

IPMan_2-1663680764190.png

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

glevray
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hello,

Many thanks for the tip.

It is configured and I will see if it will work.

Cheers

enielsen
Participant

I'll also note that you can install Zoom on your mobile phone so you don't have to forward calls at all. Though currently cannot prefer the desktop/laptop app over the mobile app so rings simultaneously.  I think that might be a future enhancement in the works?