cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail syncing

Jason4810
Listener

How do I make all of our voicemail boxes sync? We have 5-6 computers and a few phones that have access to shared voicemail boxes and when a voicemail is deleted by one device, it will still show as unread on all of the others.

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Jason,

Are they voicemail messages on an Auto Receptionist or  Call Queue? 

Craig

Craig

I believe they are in a call queues. Auto receptionist forces a selection and they go to that queue.

FORE-Craig

We have a similar setup that if during Business Hours if no one answers the Call Queue, it goes to the Call Queue's voicemail. We have three people who have access to that voicemail box with Access, Download & Delete rights, I am one of them. They always sync okay among our desk phones. I have noticed though that the list of voicemails in the Mac Zoom app doesn't always refresh on its own; I have to pull down  with my mouse in the list on the left to refresh it like you do with Mail on an iPhone.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

Jason4810
Listener

Thanks Craig, I appreciate the information. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. Even when I restart the zoom apps on PC, or refresh the phone by pulling down as you describe, it still seems to not match up. Any other suggestions?

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Jason4810 

Good Day,

Under Phone System Management -> Call Queues -> "your queue name" -> Profile, do you have it configured like this screenshot?  Are you deleting from the Zoom Desktop App. Zoom Mobile App or from a physical phone?  If you delete from a physical phone, does the voicemail deletion update quicker than if you do it from other methods?

townsendwc_0-1641597729633.png

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, Jason!

I would double-check to make sure that everyone who shares the Call Queue's voicemail box has the same permissions, specifically the Delete permission (Phone System Management > Call Queues - Voicemail Access).

If they do all have the Delete permission and everyone's apps are up-to-date, I would run a few of tests to see if the problem happens specifically when the voicemail is deleted on a desk phone, versus on a Mac or PC app, versus on a mobile app, and then report the problem to Zoom Support.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Craig