cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Zoom Phones within Outlook Desktop Application

JanelleD
Listener

If a person wanted to call someone from within the contacts section of their Outlook desktop application, is there a way to do it?  It automatically wants to use Teams Voice but how do I get it to choose Zoom?  It seems that the only option for the Outlook Desktop Zoom Plug-In is to either schedule a  meeting or start an instant meeting.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Janelle,

That should be covered by what Zoom calls "Click to Dial". It works great for me with the Contacts and Mail apps on the Mac, as well as on webpages.

Here are the instructions Windows and MacOS:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027633731-Using-click-to-dial-and-highlight-to-call

In the Zoom desktop app for Mac there is actually an option to specify the default app under  Settings > Phone. I don't have a Windows PC, but you may want to look there too, if you are using a PC.

I hope that helps.

Craig

View solution in original post

FORE-Craig

Hi @JanelleD!

Did my previous response answer your question? If so, please mark the reply as an accepted solution so that others will be able to reference your question as resolved if they have the same question.

Thank you!

Craig

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FORE-Craig

Hi Janelle,

That should be covered by what Zoom calls "Click to Dial". It works great for me with the Contacts and Mail apps on the Mac, as well as on webpages.

Here are the instructions Windows and MacOS:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027633731-Using-click-to-dial-and-highlight-to-call

In the Zoom desktop app for Mac there is actually an option to specify the default app under  Settings > Phone. I don't have a Windows PC, but you may want to look there too, if you are using a PC.

I hope that helps.

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi @JanelleD!

Did my previous response answer your question? If so, please mark the reply as an accepted solution so that others will be able to reference your question as resolved if they have the same question.

Thank you!

Craig