cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Calls

HishamElghotmy
Listener

When someone transfers a call, the caller ID come up as the person who transferred the call. Is there away to make the caller ID come up as the person who made the call??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Hisham,

What shows depends on the the device used for Zoom Phone. There is an option at the account level to Set caller ID viewing preferences for redirected calls. You can find it at the bottom of the page for Account Management > Account Settings > Zoom Phone.

You will find an extended description here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360031768431#h_01F8AXKCNSNA3VBYDPYK6C7BF2

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig

Hi Hisham,

What shows depends on the the device used for Zoom Phone. There is an option at the account level to Set caller ID viewing preferences for redirected calls. You can find it at the bottom of the page for Account Management > Account Settings > Zoom Phone.

You will find an extended description here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360031768431#h_01F8AXKCNSNA3VBYDPYK6C7BF2

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

Thank you it helped. This is what I was looking for.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome!

Craig

We don't see that option where you've described.  

FORE-Craig

Hi Greg,

It is still there for me at least. You can find it at the bottom of the page for Account Management > Account Settings > Zoom Phone of the Zoom Web Portal. See attached screen shots.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Belshire
Listener

I hate to resurrect this closed thread, but it seems this option doesn't exist anymore, or at least not in my settings. Though from the documentation is seems like it wouldn't even apply to external callers (if Im reading it right). 

All of our calls come into a live receptionist. She can see who the caller is and she'll answer the call and  WARM transfer it.  When she completes the transfer it always shows the call is  still the receptionist.  It's just weird that I'm seeing that name the whole time Im continuing the call. 

FORE-Craig

Hi Hisham.

I understand. I did a test and can confirm that what you are seeing is happening also on our system. It does seem off to me.

With a Direct Transfer, the Caller ID shows: [External Caller ID] "transfer from" [Internal User ID]. Additionally, in the Call Log on the Web Portal you can see a line that shows the External Call ID going to the Transferee.

With a Warm Transfer, the Caller ID shows just the name of the Internal User ID (Transferrer), and in the Call Log,  it just looks like an internal call.

I would definitely suggest that you log a Support Request for this at https://zoom.us/feed

I hope that helps!

Craig

clint_SF
Listener

Did this ever get resolved?