cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages Disapper

cbutterfield
Listener

Does anyone have a fix for my text messages disappearing shortly after they are sent? I need to have access to them in the future, so is there a fix around this? 

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @cbutterfield ,

Does this happen in the Zoom desktop or Zoom mobile app, or both, and which operating systems? Are you sure that they are up-to-date? 

Craig

Seems to be just desktop app which is what I use most frequently. It's up to date. Windows 10 

FORE-Craig

Thank you! I just tested with one of my colleague's computers running the Zoom desktop app (ver 5.93) under Windows 10, and it appears to be functioning correctly. 

Is this a new problem for you? Are you new to Zoom phone? Have you been able to send SMS messages previously that didn't disappear?

Craig

Zoom is brand new to us. We just got the SMS feature turned on wednesday but for documentation purposes I need to have access to all messages. 

FORE-Craig

Thank you! Yes, they shouldn't disappear unless you delete them. have you tested with your own personal mobile number or a colleague's to make sure that the SMS messages are going through?

Have you quit the app and restarted your PC since the SMS feature was turned on for your account?

Craig

I have restarted my computer just now. I did a test text to myself and it seems like they are there, but I hope they stay 

FORE-Craig

Yay! I have a feeling that the Zoom App had to request more space from Windows once the SMS feature was turned on. Hopefully, they will stay. We haven't had any problems at all like that.

Note that you can always see the SMS messages also on the Zoom web portal under Admin > Phone System Management > Logs > SMS. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi,

Have the new and recent messages remained since restarting the computer? 

if so, would you mark my Restart  message as the Solution, so that other community members know in case they have the same problem. 

Thanks!

Craig