cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not working

mdelzer
Listener

I am setting up Zoom Phone and SMS. I've gone through all the setup steps for SMS, campaigns, etc. And now I still can't text to or from my recently ported number. Is there a propagation time on any of this? The number came back as ported yesterday and I noticed this morning that my campaign I applied for yesterday is now active. Or am I missing something else? 

19 REPLIES 19

mdelzer
Listener

Just found the set I missed. I had to apply the campaign to my phone number and wait again. 

How do you apply the campaign tot he phone number?

Never mind, I enabled the SMS in Account Settings, now I can see SMS tab in zoom phone 

ppnrao
Listener

@mdelzer , what do you mean that you have applied the campaign? I just created a campaign, but the status shows as pending. Once the status shows approved, then I can see the SMS tab on the Zoom Phone ? 

2023-03-23_11-41-10.jpg

@mdelzer now I see campaign status Active, and I logged out from Zoom Desktop app and relogged in, I still don't see the SMS button/tab?  How did you make it work?

I think at that level it has to be enabled for the user. 

mdelzer
Listener

Did all of that, but if you look at the number itself you also have to apply it to a campaign which also takes time for approval. The SMS tab shows up, but I have yet to be able to text in or out and I am also not able to call out, but I can call in. Maybe Microsoft will finally get SMS in Teams Phone working this year and I'll just switch back to that. 

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @mdelzer 

So your campaign was approved? Did you then go to Phone System Management > Phone Numbers, check your number and then Assign SMS/MMS above it? 

I remember that when we first had our phone numbers ported, it took a several hours before we could send and receive messages. 

What happens when you attempt to call out? Check also on Phone System Management > Phone Numbers, by clicking your phone number in the list, that Incoming  and Outgoing are switched on.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Campaign was approved. The number is assigned to a campaign but not yet approved even though it it said it would within 24 hours. 

When I call out to my local cell phone it says "sorry we cannot complete your call, your service plan does not support calling to this destination", even though I have the unlimited domestic and Canada calling plan. 

My issues definitely seem to be multi tiered and compounding of each other. Teams phone was much easier in my experience to setup and have working. 

FORE-Craig

Hi @mdelzer 

The second one is an easy one fortunately, I know exactly what it is.

Go to https://zoom.us/pbx/page/telephone/phoneUsers#/users/phone-users/assigned?page_number=1&page_size=15

Then click the Assign button to the far right of the line where your name appears. You will then be able to Assign the US/CA Unlimited Plan to your User account. The calls should work immediately after you've done that. 😊 

I hope that helps!

Craig

It's already assigned to me as the user. Still tells me it cannot complete my call. 

I'm experiencing a similar issue, I've done the campaign setup, assigned it to my number but it still says its pending assignment and i cannot text. Added the accepted / approved countries, etc. 

Im able to make calls with no issues, its just the text messaging thats the issue for me. 
Im going on 6 days with it pending and not being able to send texts. Support says theyve escalated my issue but ive yet to hear from the escalated team. 

Its affecting my ability to do my job,  if i get a resolve on my end ill come back and report here. Please do the same for your end?

Boyan
Attendee

My time line:

* created campaign, took 24 hours to approve

* assigned campaign to TNs - took about 24 hours for the TNs to actually be able to send SMS although the act of assignment was instantaneous with no "pending status" or anything like that

So overall; about 3 works days end-to-end

~B

mdelzer
Listener

I'm finally able to make calls in/out and text in/out. But currently my number is still showing that a campaign is currently pending. 

Same here, it says pending but SMS actually does work as expected, this maybe just a status sniff on Zoom's end:

Boyan_0-1680020862112.png

Ninja
Listener

Same here.  I can make and receive calls, I cannot send or receive SMS.  What should location be set to? 1 number, one admin. the admin is the only user, only one campaign. the campaign is approved, the number is assigned to the user and campaign. The plan is for Unlimited calls to US/CA. It is a toll number. SMS is enable at policy level and user level

Ninja_0-1680711224533.png

Boyan
Attendee

@Ninja My "Allow International SMS" isn't checked hence no location is available nor needs to be set, maybe that could make it work for you?

Boyan_0-1680712615982.png

Ninja
Listener

Thanks. I turned that off. Not working.  

Do you have Allowed Call/SMS Locations switched on?

I updated Zoom. Now it works