cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone set up - individual user

cp3
Listener

Hi, When setting up I did not realize I should skip creating an extension. I am an individual user. Now I do not see a way to go back to undo this. I want access to the direct number as an individual so that I do not have auto receptionist when someone calls. Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

enielsen
Participant

Can't you just make a user extension and re-assign the DID to that extension?

Tried it. Said the extension was already in use.

enielsen
Participant

So that means something else in your setup has that extension number. So find out what that is and change the extension it uses to something else. Normally the DID is different than the extension and one manually uses the last X digits of the DID as the extension as a simple numbering convention.

I'm assuming you are using extensions that are not the DIDs, i.e. 5309 not 2068675309. Not sure you can have 10 digit extensions, but thought I'd ask....

Hi, I don't quite understand what you mean. There is a business number, I set up an extension for me. So the auto receptionist is primary, and I have only an extension. The business number (DID?), when called, is picked up by the auto receptionist. To get me, caller would then have to enter my extension. This is not what I wanted. I will work around it if I have to, but I'd rather just remove extension all together and just have me associated with the direct number.  Thanks. 

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @cp3 

So, the phone number (direct number) is assigned to the Auto Receptionist? You can Unbind it from the Auto Receptionist, and then Assign to your User account. The extension is part of the way the system works. If you have the DID assigned to your User account, the extension number will not necessarily be used.

I hope that helps!

Craig

cp3
Listener

Hi, Craig,  I do not see a way to unbind it. When following your link, I do not see that as an option. I only see a way to disable auto greeting? There are very few options. 

FORE-Craig

Hi @cp3 

Click on the Number, and a pop-up list will appear. Unbind is one of the options. See attached. 🙂 

Craig

cp3
Listener

Thanks for all your help. Ok, I see that now. Then I get a pop up that says "You are unbinding the main company number. It may prevent some extensions without phone numbers to make outbound calls." I am thinking I need someone to allow me to redo the set up of my account...My name is only allotted an extension. If I unbind the auto receptionist from the main number, what will happen? Gah! 

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! You're the owner (one and only person on this account) on the Zoom account, right?

Once you Unbind the number from the Auto Receptionist, the number will be available to your account in under Unassigned in the Phone Numbers. You can then Assign/Bind it to your User account from there or on your User Phone Settings screen.

Craig