cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call recording notification

Jbeck
Listener

Hello,

We have automatic call recording for all of our sites with our own IVR greeting message that includes a disclaimer that the calls are being recorded. The problem is that when a customer calls in and selects from the IVR,after hearing the disclaimer, there is another automatic Zoom call recording notification that starts to play when the company employee answers. Is there a way to remove this since we have our own disclaimer? I understand its a legal issue but as long as the caller is notified that the call is being recorded everyone is conforming to that law. Any guidance is appreciated. We have many of our company sites complaining about this.

11 REPLIES 11

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Jbeck 

You can turn off the Automatic Prompt in Admin > Account Management > Account Settings > Zoom Phone for Automatic Call Recording and Ad Hoc Call Recording:

https://zoom.us/account/setting?tab=pbx

See attached screenshot.

I hope that helps!

Craig

I have done that and it doesn't remove it. 

Jbeck
Listener

Thanks but that doesn't fix the issue. I have read that KB back and forth for weeks none of those options remove the notification.The recording notification still still plays when the inbound call is answered.

enielsen
Participant

Interesting, I know those options work with call queue automatic recordings, so odd that it is not with your Auto Receptionist's IVRs.

Looking at settings, with call queue's have their own recordings configurations, while AR's use the site and account level settings. Are you sure you are disabling the zoom call recording notice at both the Site and Account level?

(We don't have automatic recording enabled at all so I can't confirm myself that the options are present at both levels)

Jbeck
Listener

Thanks again for the response. Yes it is disabled on both. Used the Chat Bot and got a human to assist and they stated it cant be removed if automatic call recording is enabled. Not sure why Zoom requires this as the liability is on our business. Never heard of a carrier getting sued over a non disclosed audio recording but I guess it has happened.

FORE-Craig

Hi @Jbeck 

We have it disabled on both, Automatic and Ad Hoc which works for Call Queues - no message plays. Recording doesn't apply to Auto Attendants.

Are you sure that you're clicking the checkbox for the Warning to confirm turning off the prompt?

Craig

Jbeck
Listener

We have 82 sites. I read somewhere they will let you make the change at 100 sites or more. Maybe next year LOL

enielsen
Participant

Hmm, I would say you should open a support ticket as if not possible to remove it, why do those options even exist in the portal?

I'm curious, if you enable the option (or customize the message) in the portal, do you then get 2 warnings about the automatic recording?

Yes, That is the complaint from our Operation Managers. The message is repeated and appears unprofessional.

enielsen
Participant

LoL, can you add 18 sites with no phones in the portal to get to 100?