cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to Print or Save SMS Messages

Holsopps
Listener

We are looking for an option to be able to print or save SMS conversations with clients to put in their files. Right now we can highlight the conversation and then copy/paste it, but it loses formatting and is difficult to follow without lots of editing. 

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

You might find it better to copy/paste from the Zoom web portal under Phone System Management > Logs > SMS. There still isn't a way to print just the message there though either. I don't know if you would consider making screenshots of the conversations as an alternative.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Unfortunately, we don't have access to Phone System Management > Logs > SMS - not sure if that is something that only admin have or if it is something that would need to be turned on to allow us to see it. We can do screenshots, but sometimes the conversation is longer than a screen. Thanks for the thoughts though, we'll keep trying different options!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! Access to the Logs is by default given to the Admin and Owner of the Zoom account. They can grant access though to other users with Roles. Approach your Admin, and see if they would consider setting it up for you. 😊 

Craig

I have access to the SMS logs, but the content of the messages does not show in the logs. You have to click "view" on each record to see the messages.  Additionally, you only see the messages from the day shown on the log.  If the conversation spanned several days, you have to open the log for the conversation for each day there was text!!!  This is NOT efficient.

I would love to see a solution for this as well.

Jszoom
Listener

Hi Holsopps,

Could you expand on what you mean by "put in their files" ? Trying to understand the full use case

BrookeZeno
Listener

I am not the original poster, but I imagine they mean a physical, paper file.  Many industries (law, medicine, service, hospitality, etc. (including mine) would find it incredibly valuable to be able to quickly and easily access all of the conversations carried on with one client in one place.  It sounds like the original poster keeps paper files.  I keep digital logs, but the struggle is the same: there is no easy way to pull down everything at once. Screenshots are NOT efficient!