cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing for Auto Receptionists and Call Queues.

cn78de
Listener

Hello,

My company is in the process of migrating over to Zoom phone.  We purchased a batch of Unlimited Calling Plan licenses,  Toll phone number licenses (for 'parking' unused ported DID's and 2nd phone numbers for a couple of users), and some Toll-Free number licenses.  I was told by the sales team that Auto Receptionists and Call Queues were treated like named phone users, and would consume a Calling Plan license.  However now that I'm setting it all up, I do not see my Calling Plan license count decrease when setting up an AR... only the Phone number license decreases when I assign a number to the AR.  So that seems to indicate that the AR itself is free, and you just need a phone number license if you need it to be externally accessible.  Is that right?  Could I just set up 100 AR's with just internal extensions for free?

The main reason for asking is that on our old system we have a lot of nested IVR's, some of the stupidly complicated and deep (too much so, tbh), so I assumed I'd need to simplify them way down, to avoid paying $180 per year per AR in a multi-level IVR setup.  But now it seems that only the  top-level AR (with the phone number assigned) actually costs anything.  Am I missing something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

enielsen
Participant

I believe that is correct. Just like Zoom Phone users with "basic" licenses and no DIDs are unlimited as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

enielsen
Participant

I believe that is correct. Just like Zoom Phone users with "basic" licenses and no DIDs are unlimited as well.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, that is correct. The Auto Receptionist will just use a Zoom Phone US/Canada Phone Numbers Subscription which in our case is just $5 a month. I don't know if that changes if you have the PowerPack and send/receive text messages using the A/R phone number. I would double-check with Zoom Billing Support to make sure.

I hope that helps!

Craig