cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you get a second ringtone in another room?

RichardB1
Attendee

Hi, Perhaps an unusual scenario requiring creative thinking!

we would like to turn down the volume of the incoming calls at the front desk.

but we would also like to hear the ringtone from another room.

this means we need two different ringing devices. The second one can literally just be speaker because we would actually walk to the front desk to answer the call because that’s where the computer and client info  is!

so I was thinking of getting a desk phone for the back room to hear any incoming calls to call queue calls. But the concern is that the desktop phone would presumably keep ringing after we have toggled out of the call queue at the front desk (for a break) … rather than go to answerphone.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Patricia_B
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I think this would be possible and easiest to accomplish by just using an extra speaker. You would need to make sure the speaker device is connected to the Front desk computer. Then, you can select it from the Zoom client > Audio tab under 'Use separate audio device to play ringtone simultaneously' and ensure the volume is as loud as you need. I believe this would fit your scenario and would not require any additional desk phones.

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

RichardB1
Attendee

Hi Patricia

Thanks for the suggestion.

We set this for the front-desk (main) PC external speaker: Zoom client > Audio tab under 'Use separate audio device to play ringtone simultaneously' so that the PC speaker and the headset play ringtones.

Windows does not allow a second bluetooth speaker - I looked at windows 11 settings today and you can only select one speaker it seems!

Back to the drawing board!

I've actually ordered a jabra talk 510 to see if the jabra link 380 will allow for simultaneous ringtones ... but I am not sure it will (after 1 hr googling, I thought this was the most promising approach).

Bluetooth allows for multi-connections but generally not multiple audio!

Umm ......

Any other suggestions?!