cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign phone(device) to another user

ZoomUser2k22
Listener

I'm one of the admins using Phone System Management. I need to assign a phone, already assigned to another user no longer in the company, to a new employee. Do I remove it, and then assign it? 

Help

3 REPLIES 3

enielsen
Participant

By phone, do you mean a physical phone or do you mean an extension?

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ZoomUser2k22 

Exactly! You can deactivate, unlink, or delete the previous employee on the Zoom web portal under Admin > User Management > Users then click the three dots to the right of the previous employee's name - see following link for details on what each does:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946

If I remember correctly, doing so will Unbind their Direct Inward Dial (DID) phone number if they had one. You can check this is Admin > Phone System Management > Phone Numbers.

Then create the new User in Admin > User Management > Users , and then Add them as a new Phone User in Admin > Phone System Management > Users & Rooms. And, assign them a Phone Number (DID) in Admin > Phone System Management > Phone Numbers , if appropriate. If the person will be a Member of a Call Queue, you will also need to add them where appropriate.

I hope that helps!

Craig

FORE-Craig

I forgot to add then you can can Assign the new User to the physical phone device in Admin > Phone System Management > Phones & Devices click Unassigned at the top, locate the device, click its name and then click Assign and link it to the new User. After that, the new User can log in with his credentials on the device.

Craig