cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding VM with Note

rkjesbojohnson
Listener

In our previous phone system we were able to forward other users voicemails and we were able to send a note about that voicemail.  It allowed us to transfer clients' VM and give some context to the VM.  The only solution I have gotten from Zoom has been to be emailed all the VM and then send them to other people by email.  This is just not a viable solution for us as we can receive hundreds of VM in a day.  Has anyone else figured out a workaround for this?

6 REPLIES 6

enielsen
Participant

So on your previous system, ya'll were manually forwarding voicemail messages with a note (was the note a voice message?)? Or was it automated somehow?

rkjesbojohnson
Listener

In our old system you would forward it like an email, and would type a note to send with it.  

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi There,

In Zoom phone, you can add other users ( Say B, C) to Access list of a user ( Say A ) so they (B and C) can access their (A's ) voicemail. Cant add a note. Does that help ? 

sachinzoom_0-1675378464987.png

I don't think that really solves for the problem that I am facing.  We have team A that is trying to sift through all of their VM's.  They get numerous VM's for their team but also quite a few that take more in depth work from teams B, C, or D.  It would almost be more cumbersome to give team B, C, and D access to Team A's inbox.  What would be the most helpful would be for Team A to be able to forward a voicemail to team B, and say I have already done this research and this is why I am sending this to you.  Instead they forward it and Team B has to do all the back research into that individual again.  I am sure I can figure out a workaround but anything just becomes cumbersome.  I never thought when we left our last system that forwarding something with a note would be a feature we would have to ask for, it just seems so basic.

enielsen
Participant

As zoom voicemails can arrive as emails, seems like what you want is for everyone's voicemail emails to also go to a central mailbox where you can then forward as needed?

I wonder if you make a Zoom user  with an email address of the central mailbox, then assign that user a Zoom Phone license, then add that user to the access list of a user's extension; does that central mailbox get a copy of the voicemail email messages? I think it will but not sure.....

enielsen
Participant

So it seems that if you:

• make a fake user (say email ***********) in Zoom
  • give it a Zoom Phone account, say extension 1234
  • give add this user access to all of the other extension's voicemail using Shared Access
  • then give Team A access to the emails going to ***********  
  • Assuming here that everyone has voicemail to email enabled....

So any voicemail messages will also be sent as emails to *********** and so Team A can forward as needed to Teams B, C or D.

Does that not give you what you want?