cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Common Area phones get a different license than a regular user desktop phone?

kw-it
Listener

Is there a different license SKU needed for Common Area phones in Zoom Phone, versus the standard license that gets assigned to a normal User's phone? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi!

You do need a Calling Package for a Common Area Phone. We are using the standard US/CA Unlimited Calling for ours. I would call Zoom Sales to see if they have an alternative plan to offer if you don't need it to call out externally or have direct inward dial number.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig

Hi!

You do need a Calling Package for a Common Area Phone. We are using the standard US/CA Unlimited Calling for ours. I would call Zoom Sales to see if they have an alternative plan to offer if you don't need it to call out externally or have direct inward dial number.

I hope that helps!

Craig

kw-it
Listener

Thanks, Craig!   These phones do need a DID and outbound calling, so  it looks like the standard US/CA Unlimited license is what we needed.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! There's a separate tab labeled "Common Area Phones" in the Users & Rooms grouping of the portal. They are simple to set-up. Just be aware that they don't get a voicemail box.

Craig

JeremyW
Listener

I use  the US/CA Metered plan as our common area phones don't get much use so it is a little cheaper than the unlimited plan.  

But, can't caller make outbound calls on those phones incurring charges?