cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Voice Message

vacation
Newcomer
Newcomer

I simply do not understand why it is so hard to change the voice message on my zoom phone.  EVERY time I go on vacation, it seems to take forever to find out where you do it, but it never takes.  I have gone into the web portal, typed in text, it plays.  It seems to take the changes, but when I call in, it's the old message.  How long is it supposed to take to update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Firas_ghobber
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hello, 

I'm glad that you have found your needs ,I understand that recording your own voice would be preferable. To do so, follow these steps:

Using the Zoom Web Portal:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Navigate to Phone > Settings > Audio Library.
  3. Click Add Audio and choose Record by Computer.

Reference : Managing voicemail messages (zoom.com) 

Bets regards,

Firas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Firas_ghobber

Hello, 

I understand your frustration with updating the voicemail message on your Zoom Phone. I'd like to clarify that the voicemail message is edited instantly with no delay. Once you make changes and save them, they should immediately reflect in the asset library.

Here are the steps to ensure your voicemail message updates correctly:

1. Log into the Zoom Web Portal.
  2. Navigate to the Phone section and find the voicemail settings.
  3. Type your new message and save the changes.
  4. Verify the updated message in the asset library.

If you follow these steps and still encounter issues, please ensure you are saving the changes correctly or try logging out and back in. If the problem persists, feel free to reach out for further assistance and Accept as solution .

Reference: Customizing audio greetings and hold music (zoom.com)

Best regards,

Firas

vacation
Newcomer
Newcomer

It appears the problem was that I changed the message for business hours, and I'm checking after hours. I found the section for closed hours, recoded the same message, named it the same, but it didn't take.  I had to name the message differently for closed hours.  It appears to have saved and is working.

This leads to another comment. I would have much rather recorded my own voice, but that seems a whole different process.  Also, I thought I could save the recording of my standard in-office message.  Now that seems to be gone.

Firas_ghobber

Hello, 

I'm glad that you have found your needs ,I understand that recording your own voice would be preferable. To do so, follow these steps:

Using the Zoom Web Portal:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Navigate to Phone > Settings > Audio Library.
  3. Click Add Audio and choose Record by Computer.

Reference : Managing voicemail messages (zoom.com) 

Bets regards,

Firas