cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participant's audio drops for a single person but everyone else hears just fine?

ItWorksNowNVM
Newcomer
Newcomer

There's an odd situation that's raising concerns for an associate who is using a Windows 11 machine during desktop audio calls with outside parties.

Symptom(s):

- The voice from ONE of the external attendees frequently drops mid-conversation from my associate's end, however, others can speak and hear that attendee with no issue.

- During that drop, my associate continued to prompt the external attendee with questions to see when audio is restored between them at the same time that everyone else reported no issues hearing the external attendee outside of our organization.

The odd situation is that this is the only attendee that my associate is having trouble hearing  while others are still able to hear each other with no quality concerns or drops. I'm aware of best-effort cases with PSTN and ISPs but this one is a head scratcher. Since then I have asked our associate to test their recurring meeting via the phone call option to test a different circuit. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi itworksnownvm,

sounds like your associate that is using win 11 may have some issue.  is your associate using the latest zoom windows client, 5.17.1?

thanks,  eliot

ItWorksNowNVM
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Eliot,

Version 5.17.2 (29988) more recently. I spoke with a support representative and it appears that the latest release notes that cite some minor bug fixes that correct this problem.

Eliot

hi itworksnownvm,

thanks for your update. 

version 5.17.2 update can be downloaded.  among other things this update reportedly addresses an openssl security vulnerability issue.

• "Update to OpenSSL 3.1.4 - Windows, macOS
    Due to the recently disclosed vulnerabilities with lower versions of OpenSSL, the Zoom client is updated to use OpenSSL 3.1.4. Depending on your network security configuration, you may also need to update your network infrastructure devices’ firmware."

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068823

thanks,  eliot

RN

Hey @ItWorksNowNVM I see you have a ticket with our technical support team around this issue. Are you referring to utilizing Zoom Phone or Zoom meetings within your discussion? Our support teams will require information from you that we cannot obtain from the community in order to further analyze and pinpoint the issue within your meeting. I see they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom; was that helpful? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

nybbles
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having this exact issue. How was it resolved? I'm using Zoom Meetings... It's weird. I'm in a meeting with 3 other people. I hear two perfectly. The third person's audio cuts off the beginning and end and is very soft at all times. The other two people don't have any issues hearing this individual... This is the 3rd meeting I've had this issue... Please help!