cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a delegate but receiving I am not the host error message

CRickard
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am a delegate for two people's zoom accounts and I schedule meetings in outlook for them using their zoom account all the time. This week I started receiving the error, "You are not the host," when scheduling a meeting for one of them and it prevented me from scheduling the meeting. I also received the message when changing a meeting I scheduled for them a month ago. 

I had my boss readd me as a delegate but that didn't solve the issue. My IT colleagues are at a loss so I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

6 REPLIES 6

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Zoom Scheduling privilege is designed for a user or an executive admin to:

• Assign or delegate a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf.
  • Schedule meetings on behalf of a user (or multiple users) that has assigned you scheduling privilege. If both users have a webinar license, they can also schedule webinars for you.
  • Access cloud recordings and meeting reports for those you are a delegate for.
  • Act as an alternative host for any meetings you have scheduling privilege for.

You and the assigned scheduler must both be Licensed or On-Prem.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061749 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

CRickard
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, I am an executive assistant and we both have the same type of license. It worked fine for literally years until this week.

NapalmUK
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi @CRickard was this ever resolved?

I have the same issue. However, it's specifically restricted to an EA trying to create/edit a private item for an exec that contains zoom details. All correct permissions are in place on exchange and in zoom but private items result in a "you are not the host"message.

CRickard
Newcomer
Newcomer

It seems like the issue has to do with the Zoom plug in for Outlook but I don't know how to fix it. My company has a ticket in with Zoom but they have not been helpful thus far.

ZoomMeister
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue with an admin who has complete outlook calendar permissions as well as scheduling delegate rights. Zoom support wants me to run a logging zoom outlook plugin, which is not easy and requires elevated technical support to remove and re-install the plugin. This sounds like a Zoom issue that is spreading. 

CRickard
Newcomer
Newcomer

They must not be sure how to fix it if they are asking for logging data. My IT team could run a logging zoom outlook plugin. I'd love the opportunity to be able to do that. Our ticket into Zoom has been ignored after their initial response and our replies. Reinstalling the plugin works temporarily but it reverts to the same issues, so I basically have to reinstall the plugin daily. I'm able to schedule and edit meetings for my boss in Zoom directly so the problem appears to be with the plug in specifically.