cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call queue routing if no answer

KaylaManatee
Listener

I have three people in my call queue. If all of them are busy, I would like for the call to go to an external contact (it's a separate answering service) instead of the generic 'this person is not available' message and then hang up. I can route overflow or after hour calls to this number, but not calls that happen during business hours but all three people are unable to answer. Thanks for any ideas!

4 REPLIES 4

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

HI Kayla,

You can set the Overflow on the Call Queue to a Phone Number; however, the Call Queue must have a phone number assigned to it. See attachment. If you don't have a spare unused number available from a Common Area Phone for instance, you can add just a phone number to your account for another $5.00 a month, I believe. You need to call Zoom Sales to add it. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

KaylaManatee
Listener

Thanks, Craig! I eventually figured that out too 🙂

For anyone else who doesn't want to pay Zoom more $$, here is the workaround I found: I set User 1 and 2 as sequential members of the call queue and set User 3 to the overflow. I set User 3 up so that if they don't answer, it forwards to the external contact. This way, the caller goes through Users 1 and 2 and then to overflow User 3, and if User 3 doesn't answer, it goes to the external contact.

FORE-Craig

Brilliant, Kayla! 👏

Craig

OldMacITGuy
Listener

Thank-you for this  thread, I was having the same problem. I can route to an external number from the main Auto Receptionist/IVR which has (our only) number assigned to it, but not from a subordinate/nested AR or Call Queue. 

It would be nice to just be able to select to use the main number for outgoing calls.