cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Contacts to Phone

DLA
Listener

I am just starting with the phone system.  It seems to add a contact, I must download my contacts from Microsoft 365 or Google.  

I have tried both and get a failure message.  That is understandable for Microsoft 365 which is a company account with strict permissions.  But the Google account I am trying to connect to is a personal Google account.  

I feel like this phone system is not working for me because I need to be able to save contacts, preferably on a one by one basis.  I am willing to import from Google but an unable.

How do I get contacts into Zoom?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Welcome to Zoom. Please follow this KB article for Contact integration:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000488243

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

The KB is very helpful within the context of individual sync of calendar and contacts. May I ask whether there's any integration available for the "corporate address book" to sync with Azure AD? That would be an admin task, of course and apply to the entire tenant user pool

As I stated, both Microsoft and Google "Fail" to sync.  Even my personal Gmail account fails to sync.  If I am unable to sync, the phone system is worthless to me.  Very disappointing. 

sachinzoom

Hello @DLA 

Have you ensured your Admin ( or if you are the admin ) hasn't prevented you from performing Calendar integration:

Sharing the KB again

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048674231

DLA
Listener

Yes, I have followed all the articles and tried numerous times.

My Google account is a personal account; I am the only user and I am the admin.

I am the only user on my Zoom phone account, so I am the admin.

Still the error message is:

Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed.

I have wasted so much time on this and it appears there is no solution.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @DLA 

I don't know if this will help you! Recently, I needed to re-authorize my Google integration with Zoom. When I went to the https://zoom.us/profile and I deleted my email address from there, logged out of the Zoom web portal, and then logged back in. When I went to add my Google account back, I noticed that there were new options to integrate Drive and Mail, in addition to the Calendar and Contacts. So, I checked them and authorized it from the Google sign-in pop-up window. It gave me an error. I went tried to add the account again not checking Drive and Mail, and it worked successfully. 

I would also suggest making sure that you are signed out of Google in all other browser tabs, before starting this. I might even be a good idea to restart your computer. Google's sign-in status seems to linger even if you have signed out, especially if you use Chrome.

I hope that helps!

Craig