cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to login with gmail

Vahan
Listener

Whenever I try to login with gmail on the zoom app it takes me to the sign in tab. But, if I select my account, it redirects me to a page which states "Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again." IF I click next (which is at the bottom of the screen) it brings me to another page which says:

400. That’s an error.

The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know.

I cannot access my zoom meetings unless I am signed in with gmail. Please get back to me when possible...

Thank you, Vahan

6 REPLIES 6

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Vahan thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! Would you possibly be able to go to zoom.us in a browser, click Sign In at the upper right, and then select "Google" at the bottom?

jeremyjustin_0-1642812431160.jpeg

It is possible to disable Google as a sign-in method for Zoom users. Typically this is something the main Zoom tenant Owner or one of the Admins would configure. If you are continuing to have sign in issues, and you have an account on a larger Zoom tenant (that is being managed by someone else), I believe it is best to check with that owner/admin and see if they disabled Google as a sign in method. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

ctindel
Listener

I also have this same problem.  I just have a free zoom personal account and I can login to zoom.us fine from a chrome browser user gmail oauth, but when i try to do it using the most recently updated OSX client I get this error every time.  I even tried clearing all the browser cookies and other browsing data for all time, but it fails.

jeremyjustin

Hi @ctindel what steps are you taking to sign into the client? Are you clicking on "Google" at the bottom of the login page and then entering your Google username and password?

jeremyjustin_0-1659109602109.png

Manfred28
Listener

Facing the same issue

bobdenver-2020
Listener

Try to follow these instructions when you getiing something went wrong error.

Some zoom update resolved my issue, about half year ago. In that vein, when I get a 'something went wrong error' I do not expect that the issue needs to be resolved on my end, but thanks anyway.