cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom freezing

JoRMT
Listener

My zoom keeps freezing.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've had a computer tuneup to fix any possible corruptions.  Still the same issue.   Just random "not responding".  Before meetings.  Signing in. During meetings.  Etc...  Anyone experience this?  I'm windows 10

12 REPLIES 12

jmsbc
Listener

I'm having a similar problem, though my freezing generally occurs when I'm put into a breakout room.  I get a "cannot detect microphone", then a "Zoom not responding" message, even though I have done absolutely nothing.  I've just posted about this issue, and am hoping someone will have some suggestions and/or solutions.

JJ22
Listener

I'm having a similar issue also. I get into the zoom meeting fine. But when I click to close the mic or camera it will freeze and the zoom facilitator cannot even shut me off. So I have to sign out and come back in. It doesn't happen every time. It is random but happens often enough to  be very annoying. I've sent my laptop in for a complete tune up and cleared things that would use a lot of bandwidth but still no resolution. 

Yes, that's the same with me.   I have even been into my Task Manager and found Zoom to End Task.  No difference.  Finally, this afternoon, after mucking around for over a half hour, I uninstalled and re-installed Zoom.  It seems to have helped.  However, I notice in my history that I did this in late November/early December.  I even had a paid premium subscription at the time; now, I don't, but surely one shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall every few weeks.  It's very frustrating.  I'm going to try Dusty1492's suggest to close out everything else when I am Zooming.  Good luck.

Dusty1492
Listener

Well I am not saying this is the answer BUT if I have more than one application running while I am conducting a Zoom meeting, my computer's internal memory has trouble handling all the application running at the same time. Try and close all applications except the ones you want to use to share with your group to help with memory freeze issues. Hope this helps.

I've done everything support has instructed..2-3 times including that suggestion and others above and nothing works.  Appreciate your help.  I'm about ready to close my account.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JoRMT as suggest from @Dusty1492 were you able to check your system's resource usage, specifically to see if Zoom is using the majority of your computer's resources to run the application, or to see if other applications are open, causing a "resource hog"? Open Task Manager and go to the Performance tab. Here you will see graphs that show the usage of CPU, memory, and disk over time; from there, you can determine which applications are using too many resources from your device; when an application is running and uses 99% of your memory, CPU, or GPU, it will crash.

If your device seems to be running stable, with Zoom open; my next suggest would be checking whether your device is a 32 or 64bit system type. 

1. Select Start > Settings > System > About . Open About settings.
  2. Under Device specifications > System type, see if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

With that being said, you maybe running a 32bit installation on a 64bit device type; which would cause some degrading in performance.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Apparently its a windows issue that MS can't fix until the next update comes.  Its been since January and its now affecting my zoom.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JoRMT thank you for the feedback from MS. Do you mind sharing any official statements from Microsoft on this fix for reference? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

They said we have to wait for the next MS update.  Apparently this update isn't working for many (not all).  It was supposed to come out a few days ago but nothing yet.  Its very frustrating that they can't fix their own errors.

JetCanada
Listener

I was having the same problems. Very slow to start the desktop client. Slow to connect (the first time) and occasional "not responding" messages. I first disabled Bitdefender, but the problems kept occurring. Once I uninstalled Bitdefender completely and reverted back to Windows Defender, everything worked ok. It looks like Bitdefender and Zoom are incompatible.

Except I've had BD since before I used zoom and since using zoom 4 years ago...never had an issue.  

It a MS problem apparently (check my comment above)

JoRMT
Listener

Still having freezing issues.  MS update is fixed.  Had 4 tuneups every week for the last month.  Reinstalled zoom 4 times.  Still having issues opening and staying usable - before and during meetings.

Zoom won't respond to my last email back and forth with escalation because they say case is closed.  Now they won't answer my call.  HELP please.