cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with audio in room with multiple participants who have different pitch ranges

ICEEFT_ops
Listener

When two clients with different pitch ranges (ex., man and woman) share a microphone during a Zoom meeting, their voices are distorted for a few seconds whenever one person takes over from the other person. It sounds to my ears like there's some sort of sound-optimization or noise-canceling algorithm operating in the background that gets confused by the change in speaker's pitch or other tonal qualities and momentarily suppresses the new speaker's pitch range. I've looked through the Zoom settings and forums for any mention of this but have found nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @ICEEFT_ops,

I’ve never experienced this issue, but I think the same approach used to solve “music over the microphone” might help you. 

But first, I have to ask: Are they using just one computer?  If so, the solution below will probably help. But if there are two computers in the same room, usually feedback is the big issue – two computers can only be used in the same room of both users are using headsets, generally speaking. 

Read this Zoom Support article on Original Sound – I think if the couple uses this in their end, it might solve the problem. It’s not complicated, but there are a few steps to getting it set up initially; after that, they should see the Original Sound button in the upper left of their Zoom screen. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !