cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power point share screen problem

TalRajwan1
Listener

hii

when I use the share screen for powerpoint presentations the slides are not moving 

the participants see only the first slide I shared and I moved to the next slide on my computer  

best regards

tal 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @TalRajwan1 thank you so much for these extra details! Ok, we actually have a support article that talks about best practices when sharing a PowerPoint presentation. Can you please review, I believe the scenario at the bottom best fits your workflow. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-Sharing-a-PowerPoint-Presentation

I believe this will do the trick for you so that you can share your PowerPoint and not have the pausing issue. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

jeremyjustin

Hi @TalRajwan1 thanks for your post here in the Zoom Community! May I ask a clarification:

- are you using the Zoom desktop application on Windows or Mac? 

- Do you possibly know which version of the application you are on? 

- when you are sharing Powerpoint can you help us understand the workflow? For example, you click on Share Screen in the Zoom app, then a window pops up so you can select what you would like to share. You are able to choose one of your  Desktops, an application, you can even click on the "Advanced" tab and upload your Powerpoint slides to use as a Virtual Background

jeremyjustin_0-1641403755766.jpeg

- finally, when you advance your Powerpoint slides how are you doing so? Are you using arrow keys on your keyboard for example or some other way? I am trying to understand if the Zoom screen share is pausing for some reason. 

Thanks!

hii 

I will try to answer .....

zoom  app on windows 

i am using 

version 5.9.1 (2581

when I do a full screen in PowerPoint i have to stop screen share in zoom and do screen share again choosing PowerPoint fullscreen 
see the picture 

TalRajwan1_0-1641451681723.png

jeremyjustin

Hi @TalRajwan1 thank you so much for these extra details! Ok, we actually have a support article that talks about best practices when sharing a PowerPoint presentation. Can you please review, I believe the scenario at the bottom best fits your workflow. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-Sharing-a-PowerPoint-Presentation

I believe this will do the trick for you so that you can share your PowerPoint and not have the pausing issue. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

using on mac desktop and sometimes on my macbook

HenrikBrandt
Listener

I have problems that even though I take the Power Pint to presentation mode (full screeen) and I see the presentation in presentation mode the participants will still see the presentation in work mode not full screen, with notes etc.). How can that be? HenrikBrandt

jeremyjustin

Hi @HenrikBrandt do you possibly have multiple monitors that you are working with? Or even your laptop screen plus an external monitor connected to your laptop?

If so I wonder if maybe you are sharing the computer screen/desktop with the notes instead of the main screen with the presentation? 

Hi Henrik, 

I am having this exact issue on one of my Macs (Mini M1), the other one (a MacBook Air M1) still runs fine. The issue only recently manifested, after years of everything running as expected (ie, both the audience and I seeing the same window). 

Did you ever manage to solve that? The solution accepted higher up in the thread doesn't seem to do it for me...

Hi

I did solve it, but don't remeber how I did it. Sorry.

Frans

FransM
Listener

have this same problem and it started after the upgrade. I tested my other computer and it worked well, till I did the upgrade there too. Since that moment the problem is there too. I speak of the upgrade that was released this week, third week of January, 2022  

jeremyjustin

Hi @FransM ok a couple questions

- can you walk us through the steps you take to share in a Zoom meeting? You are in the Zoom client, click the green "Share" at the bottom of your Zoom Window, then are you choosing a desktop or an application?

- how many monitors are you working on? This question also ties into the first question a little bit. When you select to share you can share a particular desktop, you can share an application, etc. 

Thanks!

Hi again,

I found the solution. I now do the steps as is decribed on the support page:

1. Open the PowerPoint file you want to present.
  2. Start or join a Zoom meeting.
  3. Click Share Screen  in the meeting controls.
  4. Select your monitor then click Share
  5. Switch back to Powerpoint and click the Slide Show tab. 

And this works. This was never necessary, but at least now I know how to do it. Thanks for your support.

jeremyjustin

Ok great thank you for letting us know! 

soergens
Listener

Hi,

I have following problem: when I choose power point application to share and start full screen presentation (like I always did so far) the slides are not moving and the participants still see the working mode.

I found a workaorund that I share my desktop instead of application, however, I don't wan't to share my whole desktop but only the powerpoint application.

It works in my MacBook (Monterey 12.5.1.) and zoom (5.12.9), but doesn't work on iMac (Monterey 12.6.2) with zoom version (5.13.6).

Any ideas how to fix the problem? 

moira2
Listener

I am having the same issue, it has never happened before. I have used screen share and two monitors regularly for hybrid meetings (some in the room looking at a large screen and others online. I swaped to another lap top and it worked perfectly it seems to be something to do with an update.