cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external messaging when using zoom

docEd
Listener

I belong to a governance body and act as an advisor to a board member, when we have board meetings I dont have access to chat or talk during the meetings so cannot directly contact my board member with advice using a zoom chat. I am looking for a chat app that I can have open at the same time as zoom - sort of like how google chat sits in the bottom right of the screen when you are in gmail (I cant use google chat for this as I have members in China) - its small enough not to be distracting and you can easily type whilst watching the meeting progress. I have tried slack, whatsapp and viber but they are all separate apps that are either open or closed and if they are open on top of zoom they take up too much screen space. In the past we have used whatsapp on a mobile phone but this is unsatisfactory as it means using 2 devices. Any suggestions please??

1 REPLY 1

pizzalover28
Participant

Hi! I'm Pizzalover28 the I will be glad to assist you. 

I have a fiew questions for you before we continue. 

Is your zoom version and computer software up to date? 

2. If your version and software are up to date, then are you the host or cohost? 

If you are the cohost or host of the meeting, you can turn on in meeting chat in the settings bar on your zoom client. 

Im you are not the host of the meeting, please ask the host to turn on chat.