cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom would like to access data from other apps - Macos Sonoma 14

Adminstrator
Listener

I keep getting a popup asking if I should allow Zoom to access other apps.

Zoom would like to access data from other appsZoom would like to access data from other apps

I have clicked "Don't allow", yet it appears every time.

I have a couple of questions:

1. How can I prevent this from appearing before and after I use Zoom EVRY TIME?
  2. What other apps are Zoom developers trying to access
  3. Why are Zoom developers trying to access this info
  4. What info is being taken from my computer and being sent back to Zoom?

Presumably, Zoom has been benefitting from this informations previously, but not having required my consent, but now with the new security of Macos Sonoma, this is being prevented.

I would like to know how to permanently say "No" and disable future requests for this information. I suspect this can be part a Zoom update, where I can make the choice in settings and part with MacOS to add an option for this.

Does anyone have these answers?

3 REPLIES 3

chrstnmckay
Listener

I have this same question.  I accidentally allowed this today.  It pops up all the time and it is disruptive and uncomfortable to see it.  Why would you need this access?  I'll figure out some way to disable.  I'll probably spent 10 minutes or more trying to figure it out.  What a waste of time.  Zoom why did you do this - what data are you looking and and why?

Ray_TCP
Listener

I have the same question. And what was Zoom accessing before without my permission?

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Please review the response from Zoom in the following article:

Zoom would like to access data from other apps - macOS 14 Sonoma 

Hope this helps!