cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Share Issue with Zoom 5.17.10/5.17.11 on MacOS

mriley
Listener

When I share my screen with Zoom 5.17.10/5.17.11 on MacOS, shortly after screen share starts, my screen freezes.

I have a Macbook Pro with MacOS Sonoma 14.4, connected to a DisplayLink dock with two 4k monitors.

The Macbook is in clamshell mode when this happens and the only way to unfreeze the screens is to unplug the DisplayLink dock. The Macbook screen when opened is not frozen.

This issue started with Zoom version 5.17.10/5.17.11.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

13 REPLIES 13

vaesp
Listener

Yes, having the same issue. Using Displaylink for my MacBook Pro with 2 monitors connected. While screensharing, the monitor that is being shared freezes. Meeting participants say they don't see my screen any longer. I have to unplug and plug my monitor to get my screen and control back. This happens in every meeting where I share my screen. 

aardWolf
Listener

I and my coworker are having the same issue.  In my case, the people I'm sharing the screen with can see my screen, but mine is locked up.  This only happens in Zoom when I am connected to the DisplayLink dock and sharing my screen.  When I use Teams instead and share my screen, I have no issues at all.

I am using the latest versions of MacOS (updated to 14.4.1 today), Zoom, and DisplayLink.

J8964
Listener

I have the same issue with the same setup.   I have to unplug the DisplayLink port replicator to unlock the screens.  No issues with other apps.

ali38
Listener

Same issue. In my case, the people I'm sharing the screen with can see my screen - and can see my mouse moving, but I cannot see my mouse moving because my screen is locked up. When I use Teams instead and share my screen, I have no issues at all.

I am using the latest versions of MacOS (updated to 14.4.1 today), Zoom, and DisplayLink.

Have not tried disconnecting the DisplayLink dock but noticed it happened today just after I updated MacOS to 14.4.1.  

ATK1
Listener

Same issue. Using a MacBook Air (Sonoma 14.2.1) in clamshell mode, with two external monitors and DisplayLink. Using Zoom version 5.17.11 (31580). 

One of my monitors freezes every time I screenshare on Zoom. This does not happen with any other app. Similar to a previous comment, other people in the meeting can still see my face/screen/mouse moving, but my monitor is frozen on my end. I initially thought it was an issue with my monitor, so I swapped it out with a different monitor and am still having the same problem. 

lmayer
Listener

Same issue. MacBook Pro. Sonoma 14.4.1. Zoom 5.17.11 (31580). With DisplayLink and 2 monitors.

I believe I started experiencing the issue shortly after upgrading Zoom to this version.

debbieseeger
Listener

Same issue. I have a Macbook Air with Sonoma 14.4 connected to a DisplayLink dock with two 4K monitors. My Macbook is usually not in clamshell mode. I've been using this same setup -- with earlier software versions -- for over a year and began experiencing the freeze two weeks ago. I have restarted the laptop to recover and haven't tried other methods. I screen share with clients often and I am going to have to find another platform if this continues. 

Leadbelly
Listener

same issue here on an HP laptop using Mozilla Firefox browser. Had no problem until upgraded to Zoom PRO with renewal. Every meeting after 10-12 minutes of conversation screen freezes and I'm out. Getting back to the meeting is a five minute process. Then 10 minutes later...freeze again. Frustrating to say the least.

bv4582381
Listener

Same Issue. Mac Sonoma 14.4.1 using Zoom 5.17.11. I've had the same setup for 6+ months with no issues. I only recently started having an issue, but it consistently happens now when I'm sharing screen I lose the ability to move my mouse. I need to unplug and replug my hub which connects to my external monitors and then it starts working again.

I have two external monitors with displaylink manager 1.10.1 (build 93). This happens regardless if my laptop is in clamshell mode or normal mode, and whether I'm using my displaylink-USB Hub or directly plugged into external monitors.

DY24
Listener

Same issue.

aardWolf
Listener

The two options that have been working for me are:

1. Use the web version of the Zoom client

or

2. Use the full version of the Zoom client, but revert the DisplayLink software to version 1.9

DY24
Listener

Thanks!  I opened a ticket with Zoom support and they replied that it is a known issue that they were working on with Apple.  They provided this work around:

While the bug with Apple is being investigated, as a workaround, if you could please access the Settings page of your Zoom Workplace Application -> Go to Share Screen -> Advanced -> Screen Capture Mode -> Select Advanced capture with Window filtering.

bj_1224
Observer

I have reported this issue so many times and am glad to finally know I'm not going crazy. Worked with both Zoom and DisplayLink to try and figure it out, but narrowed it down to Zoom since I have no issues sharing my screen on Slack. Thanks all for the updates and workarounds that you have been able to provide. Looking forward to the next updates with solutions 🤞