cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom meeting keeps quitting by itself unexpectedly

averageenjoyer
Listener

My zoom meeting keeps quitting unexpectedly. Like during in the middle of a meeting, my zoom meet would just suddenly end as if it was shut off from the task manager or something. I am 100% sure this is not an internet problem. It probably ain't an account problem either. My professors in school use pro accounts so our meetings can go past 40 minutes. It also "mostly" occurs whenever I interact with another application in my desktop like Microsoft Edge. I would simply click on my browser sometimes and the Zoom meeting window would just exit by itself. There were also times where during a meeting, my entire desktop would LITERARY run in 3 fps. Yes, the entire desktop. My mouse would move incredibly slow and the sound would stutter. This would last for 5-10 seconds until the zoom meeting client would end by itself once again. Currently I'm using zoom via web browser so that it won't quit unexpectedly again but the browser version is really slow though. There must be something in my pc that keeps shutting off my zoom meeting. I didn't even receive any of those "zoom quit unexpectedly" pop-ups whenever this happens.

I really need help with this one. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@averageenjoyer —

You don’t mention what type of account you have. If it’s a free account, you can expect the meeting to end at the 40 minute point. Beyond that, I don’t know of any common situation where this would occur. Can you give us any more information?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Our schools use pro accounts so that we can participate in meetings past 40 minutes. And it also seems like I'm the only one in class that would experience this. At first I thought the meeting itself was the one with problems, but then I'd ask my classmates and they said that the zoom meeting was totally fine and they weren't getting kicked or anything.

P.S I updated the main post and added more info

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the additional information, @averageenjoyer – very helpful.

The fact that you’re using the web browser interface, and that this seems to happen mostly when you’re doing something else in Edge — my suggestion is to install the native Zoom app for your machine, from https://zoom.us/support/download.

Seems like your PC is getting “wrapped stone the axle” trying to keep up with what’s happening in Edge… and while the Zoom client might be part of the issue, moving to the native software app might clear this up for you. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

spanish100
Listener

yes I have been having the the same issue id did stop doing this but today I updated the zoom on updates and this happened 3 times today and is now becoming a serious issue. what can I do to resolve this issue. yes I use a iMac