cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom won't open on Mac

katkatkat
Listener

I have tried downloading Zoom but cannot open it.

I get the error message "You can’t open the application “zoom.us” because this application is not supported on this Mac."

I have tried reinstalling and have changed my security settings to allow applications downloaded from App store and identified developers. 

I have a macbook air Ventura 13.1.

6 REPLIES 6

Jameswalter
Participant

Close the Zoom app. Restart your computer. Grant Zoom the permissions it needs. Close other apps that are using the Mac's camera and microphone.

joetall
Listener

Mac hates Zoom now. Thankfully so many other alternatives. Deleted and canceled my premium.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Make sure you downloaded the correct version for your cpu. There is an Intel version and an Apple Silicon version.

Regards

joetall
Listener

Oh, I did. I work in tech. Something went wrong with the last OSX and Zoom updates, and the removal of the old versions and installing the new ones. All good; I moved on.

stacey-r
Listener

how did you fix this. I am having the issue as well. TIA

SJColeman
Listener

I agree!  all of a sudden my MacBook no longer will allow me to participate on zoom meetings!!! what happened?Zoom still works on my ipad and iphone.

I get the same message as above and have ensured that the permissions were correct.