cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom upgrade causing all kinds of problems.

MaggieFran
Listener

I did an upgrade on my MacBook Pro this morning. I had a meeting planned at 1:00 pm which I have every Wednesday. The audio and video didn't work. I was able to fix the video, but no matter what I did, I couldn't fix the audio. 

I have googled., but nothing has fixed the problem since the upgrade. Any suggestions

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MaggieFran welcome to the community, and than you for your discussion! Did you just update the macOS software or/and did you update the Zoom client as well? What issues are you facing with your audio there is just no option to choose from within Zoom for speaker and microphone? 

For example, I am using the Mac Pro integrated speaker and microphone, on Zoom version 5.14.7 and macOS 13.3.1, as of today, and not facing any issues. 

Can you ensure that you have an output and input available to you from the Mac system settings? Essentially, this is where Zoom pulls available speaker outputs and microphone inputs. 

I would also ensure that you have given Zoom access to your microphone; therefore, your available devices can be used as an input source.  

Lastly, here are some knowledge base articles on Troubleshooting audio issues and Troubleshooting speaker or microphone issues in the desktop client; as they have some good suggestions to troubleshooting your issue! Hope this helps! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!