cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom no longer finding my Webcam

HDS
Listener

Hello

I recently connected my Canon 100D digital camera to my Mac to use as a webcam via Zoom. This was working find until I encountered an issue with my browser and decided to update my MacOS and uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom 

Now Zoom refuses to find my camera. I have spoken to Apple & Canon and they can confirm Mac & Camera are 100% fine and functioning as they should.  This is confirmed by testing on other Apps like Skype and all works perfectly.

Zoom is the only App no longer finding my camera. I have installed all updated versions of Zoom and also tried it via the browser instead of the App but it still does work. 

Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Is Zoom able to see any other camera source on your computer?

Rupert

Hello 

Thanks for responding, yes, it's picking up my FaceTime HD Camera. 

not-tech
Listener

I have the same problem. I'm trying to change it to my nexigo camera.

No solutions yet I'm afraid, contacted zoom same day as this post still no response

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @HDS, I don't have much experience with DSLR cameras as a source for Zoom or have a DSLR camera to test. However, I did find this from 9TO5MAC on some instructions if you haven't done so already or try uninstalling the Webcam utility and Zoom and reinstalling the Webcam Utility First and then Zoom to see if that helps.

Here are the steps if they're useful for you:

1. Downloaded the EOS Webcam Utility Beta from Canon (check that your specific EOS or PowerShot camera is supported here)

2. After installing you’ll need to restart your Mac

3. Now you can turn on your Canon camera and set it to movie mode

4. Dial-in your exposure, then plug in the USB cable to your camera, followed by your Mac

5. Close out the EOS Utility if it auto opens

6. Now when picking a camera in Zoom see if 'EOS WEBCAM UTILITY' is available.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @not-tech, I am unfamiliar with Nexigo. However, looking into https://www.nexigo.com/pages/support-and-download they have software for Zoom and Official NexiGo Webcam Software. I'd recommend installing their software to see if that helps Zoom recognize your camera.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @HDS and @not-tech, with my responses, were any of them helpful in resolving your questions? If so, don't forget to mark my reply as the solution! Thanks!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello, thanks for your advice however this didn’t work for me. 
Ive had to upgrade to a premium account to get some more in-depth assistance.

Technical support will be calling me in a few days.  

Have you had any luck, I had my Canon DSLR working with Zoom thanks to the Canon Webcam software, but then and for months now it no longer shows up as an option on Zoom. I've been trying to find an older version of Zoom, but can't seem to find it. I'm using an M1 macbook air.

HDS
Listener

UPDATE 

After dealing with the technical team for a few days, I was sent some older versions of zoom to install and this worked. 

The problem was never my camera or MacBook it is the lastest version of zoom. It is not compatible with the webcam software. 

therealmac
Listener

I see the Zoom release on 20 June included a bug fix for some webcams not working correctly. 

I have installed this version and can confirm it still does not fix the Canon EOS Webcam issue. 

Reverting back to the pre-M1 Mac version of Zoom client for Mac.