cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom disappears after enabling live transcripts

jeffatgpl
Listener

Posting on behalf of a co-worker. She says:

When she's hosting a meeting and enables live auto transcription the main Zoom window disappears and all that remains is the transcript scrolling at the bottom of the screen.

Sometimes she can hover her mouse above the taskbar, and the icons that normally appear at the bottom of the Zoom window will appear. Sometimes, she says, she will see a small version of a screen shared in Zoom on her desktop, but clicking on it does nothing.

This has happened on two computers, a desktop and a laptop, both Dells running Windows 10, 20H2 or 21H1.

I sat with her while she started up a meeting. After she enabled transcripts, she minimized the Zoom window, saying that is something she typically does when hosting, so she can continue working on other projects. When she minimized Zoom, a smaller window (mini-player?) appeared on the screen. She said she had never seen that before. We successfully restored the main Zoom window from it.

She couldn't tell me if Zoom "disappearing" was always coincident with minimizing Zoom. If I assume that it is, the question becomes what is she doing when she minimizes Zoom that might cause the "mini-player" to be obscured (I did suggest the next time this happens, she try alt-tab to see if she can switch back to either the mini-player or Zoom itself)?

Thank you for your advice.

Jeffrey Pike

Technology Services Librarian

Groton Public Library

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jeffatgpl, thank you for using the Zoom Community to seek support. I see you asked your question a few days ago and have yet to receive a response… I apologize for the delay!

Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved. 

Zoom Moderator 

-CA

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

jeffatgpl
Listener

Hi, Carla. I think we have the issue resolved at this point. If it returns, I will reach out again.

Jeffrey Pike, Groton Public Library