cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom crashes on startup

mariom
Listener

Zoom has been crashing constantly for about a week or two now on my desktop computer. Every time Zoom opens, it crashes within a matter of seconds. I don't even have time to join a meeting or sign in; it simply crashes. I can't even check the Zoom settings. Anything I try to do, Zoom crashes. I get "Zoom quit unexpectedly" and I can send the report to Zoom, however it never gives me any indication why it crashed. The only thing I can do where it won't crash is check for updates.

I've uninstalled Zoom (a number of times) using the CleanZoom utility, rebooted, installed the latest version (5.8.3) of Zoom again (ensuring it was the x64 version), and it still crashes. I've even attempted to install a previous Zoom version (5.8.1) and it still crashes. I've applied any and all Win 10 updates.

I have Zoom installed on other laptops and they work fine.

Any suggestions? Any way to find out why it crashes, like seeing a report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kader
Listener

Hello, i had the same problem and i deactivated the PowerToys Video Conference which acted as my camera driver.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Happy_To_Help
Listener

I guess its either you installed the wrong  version for your desktop or may be it's a storage problem.

Is your desktop updated to the latest update ? And your desktop is using which windows ?

I have the latest version of Zoom installed, downloaded from their website. Not a storage issue either as I have more than 50GB of storage available on my main SSD drive.

Desktop is running Win 10 with all updates applied.

I have this problem on my MacBook last week update IOS. I'm lost tried everything already I need zoom because I study online. Please help . I deleted all the games. this happened when I update zoom today .  

ChrisO
Note Taker

Ensure all or device drivers are up to date.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Yes, all drivers (especially videocard) are up-to-date. 

Try creating a different user on the PC and installing it under them (unless you're using the MSI installer version).

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Interesting. I'll give that a try.

kader
Listener

Hello, i had the same problem and i deactivated the PowerToys Video Conference which acted as my camera driver.

I will certainly look into this as I have PowerToys installed. Never crossed my mind it might interfere with Zoom.

PowerToys was the issue. Simply closing it didn't fix the issue; I had to 'Restart PowerToys as administrator' and I could then disable Video Conference Mute. After doing this, I was able to open Zoom without it crashing! 😀

Thanks! I was not expecting PowerToys had something to do with this problem. It was driving me crazy not being able to find the solution 😄

OMG thank you so much i would never have thought of this!!

It got me crazy for months. Thank you!!

Same problema is happening to me but I do not have Power Toy installed. Any ideas? Please it is making me crazy.