cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom can not detect Camera

KParvis
Listener

I have been using Zoom for months. Today the camera on my end was not working. My camera is ON and the message comes up 'Zoom can not detect camera' 

Anyone have any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @KParvis 

Are you using an Apple computer, or a Windows PC - laptop or desktop?

Are you using a built-in camera, or an external USB camera?

Is your Zoom client up-to-date?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Rupert

Windows PC internal camerA

ZoomUser2008
Participant

@KParvis 

1. See whether you have selected a camera
  2. If so see whether a camera etc i using your camera.

ZoomUser2008

Sasha666
Listener

Check the zoom settings or the settings of your pc or what you are using maybe that is the problem.

Camera is on on the Windows PC but Zoom is not detecting it? It was fine last time I used it

TimothyTrimble
Listener

I am having the same problem. Windows 10 on an ASUS Laptop. Worked fine up till two weeks ago. 

When I launch Zoom, to connect to a meeting, the camera is on and working fine. As soon as I click the button for Join with Computer Audio, the camera turns off. When I click the camera icon, I get the Zoom cannot detect the camera message. When I exit the meeting the camera works fine. 

I have updated Windows and the ASUS drivers. I uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom. 

Zoom has the correct app settings for accessing the camera. I have tried all the different camera options under Zoom settings. 

I'm a programmer and web developer, so I know my way around. 

Timothy - did you find a solution? The same thing is happening to me.

The only thing I haven't done is a bios update to the laptop. Since I haven't had time for that, I just plugged in a USB camera, which works fine. If the bios update works, I'll be sure to post back here.

ChuckHale
Listener

I'm having this same problem. It was working and then suddenly, it wasn't. In Windows settings, everything appears to be fine. It's JUST ZOOM. Like everyone else, the problem is JUST ZOOM. Please fix this from your end. Thanks 

eva208
Listener

I checked my notebook for the camera and found all is fine, tried reinstall zoom meeting again, but it still shown "Zoom can not detect camera" could you please help to sort it  out? 

janey777
Listener

Has there been any solution to this issue? I have a Dell Windows 10 laptop and without any warning, my camera is suddenly "not detected" by Zoom. I have not changed ANY of my settings. PLEASE HELP!!!

kathieroxanne
Listener

I, too, am having the same issue.  Everything was working fine and then poof; it wasn't. I've tried everything suggested and that I can think of and nothing changes.

ChuckHale
Listener

I had the problem and it turned out to not be a Zoom issue because no other programs can detect the camera either. Zoom is the first place I noticed it.

How did you figure that "no other programs" can detect the camera, either? Do you have a PC or Mac>? I am using Windows 10 and as all the others said, "everything was JUST fine, till it wasn't anymore". It's very frustrating!!! I found out it wasn't working, just before an important meetin. I didn't change any of my settings. 

I tried to use the camera for something else.  Then I was trying to do a Google search and troubleshoot solutions.  I went to the device manager and there was not even a web cam listed.  So, I don't know what happened that it just stopped being detected.  I also don't know how to proceed.

I'm in the same boat as you. I contacted Microsoft for help and had a tech fix stuff with permission to do it remotely. The camera is still misbehaving! My next step is to call Asus for help and if that doesn't work, I need to find a tech to look at my laptop. I hope it's not a hardware issue because the laptop is brand new. 

marden
Listener

I have a new Asus X515EA laptop running on Windows 11. I just bought my laptop 2 months ago and the camera was working fine up until recently. I don't know what happened but something is amiss every time I try to use Zoom. I keep getting an error message saying that Zoom can't find my (built-in) camera. I've updated the BIOS, uninstalled and updated the drivers, checked privacy settings, checked Norton antivirus (that's not causing the problem), and still cannot get my camera to work. I'm stumped. Please help! 

Chaneya
Listener

I'm having the same problem and I'm relatively certain it's on Zoom's end.  The camera worked fine when I initially installed Zoom.  Now, several months later, it doesn't detect the camera.  I've gone through all the same attempts as others here, i.e., downloaded updates, uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom, rebooted my PC... nothing worked.  I know that my camera works as I have used it on Microsoft Teams and Skype meetings as recently as yesterday.  I am only having this camera issue with Zoom.