cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom app will not switch audio to Bluetooth

Hightower
Listener

Hello

I have a tablet connected to my bluetooth speaker. I can hear any audio from any other app or sound through the browser through the bluetooth speaker with the exception of zoom.   In zoom it is specifically on bluetooth audio output but it always plays on the tablets lousy speaker.  I have gone thru all settings to ensure that zoom is playing through the BT speaker. This suggests that zoom is the problem since all others have no issues with the BT speaker.  Is there any solution to this? 

Have already trying wiping the app including any data and cache and reinstalling to no avail. 

28 REPLIES 28

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Hightower take a look into the discussion How to Connect Bluetooth speaker with zoom?  and let me know if my suggestions here help you get your Bluetooth speaker connected! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

The report from @Hightower is consistent with my experience using Android Zoom app (and is the same as reports on https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/How-to-Connect-Bluetooth-speaker-with-zoom/td-p/30473)

EfrainGB
Listener

Zoom está hecho una basura. Es inaceptable que ni si quiera intenten arreglar problemas tan simples

Go4ward
Listener

After you have connected your phone through Bluetooth to your speaker, turn the speaker icon on zoom to connect to the Bluetooth also. Then , go to your setting and disconnect original audio. The zoom will work with the speaker. Try and let me know 

Doesnt work for me.  Goes from speakerphone to regular phone when i switch to bluetooth.  Same on headphones or in my car.

ymiller
Listener

I found a fix that worked for me! I went to Apps settings on my Android, selected Zoom, deleted the storage (not just the cache) and then uninstalled the app. Restarted my phone, reinstalled the app and voila! It now works.

It really worked!

Thank you! This method fixed my zoom app on android phone too!!

It worked! Thank you so much!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Hightower you have some responses here worth noting and maybe a potential solution, please double-check to see if any of the replies here help resolve your issue, if not, we are more than welcome to further troubleshoot! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Absolutely cannot get the bluetooth Bose speaker to connect to my IPhone 12 Pro Max. Deleted app, reinstalled, cleared cache, there is no setting to choose speaker in the zoom app during a zoom webinar. I can connect to bluetooth speaker from my MacBook air, but not the phone. I think it's an app problem honestly. So many people ask about it and answers go round and round, and positive results are achieved on Android devices, not iPhone. Will you have a fix someday?

Pchemprof
Listener

Was a solution to this problem ever found?  I hadn't used Zoom on my Android phone (Pixel 4a 5g running Android 13) for a few months, and when I tried this morning, ran into this issue.  Headphones work fine with all other apps, but sound and mic from Zoom only come from the phone speaker/mic.  There appears to be no button or setting anywhere in the app to redirect the audio output, and the system output is set to send all sound (including calls and media) to the bluetooth device.  Problem happens with multiple different bluetooth devices, all of which work with all other apps.  I tried clearing the Zoom cache and storage (suggested above), uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app, re-pairing the bluetooth device while the app was running as well as prior to launching the app (suggested on a related thread), clearing the bluetooth cache and storage (also suggested on a related thread, which had the unfortunate side effect of losing the list of all my previously-paired devices), and rebooting a whole bunch of times before and after each of the above, and the problem still persists.   How does one solve this?  I missed an important meeting this morning because I couldn't be in a place where I could be on the meeting with the sound blasting out of the phone speaker, and I couldn't get any of my devices to pair.  

I do not see any suggestions regarding checking your app permissions--but this is the easiest and quickest fix and the first step in the "trial and error" process. Go to your app setting and confirm that you have the "Nearby Devices" and/or "Music and audio" permission "allowed". Hope this helps!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pchemprof was @ToyeMosley's reply helpful? Just checking in on any potenital solution here! 🙂 Thanks! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Reposting this after more recent Zoom moderator response

Absolutely cannot get the bluetooth Bose speaker to connect to my IPhone 12 Pro Max. Deleted app, reinstalled, cleared cache, there is no setting to choose speaker in the zoom app during a zoom webinar. I can connect to bluetooth speaker from my MacBook air, but not the phone. I think it's an app problem honestly. So many people ask about it and answers go round and round, and positive results are achieved on Android devices, not iPhone. Will you have a fix someday?

ToyeMosley
Listener

I do not see any suggestions regarding checking your app permissions--but this is the easiest and quickest fix and the first step in the "trial and error" process. Go to your app setting and confirm that you have the "Nearby Devices" and/or "Music and audio" permission "allowed". Hope this helps!

Nearby devices fixed it for me.

qwerty123
Listener

step 1: go to zooms settings

- if you are using phone it is on the lower right with 3 dots

- if you are using Ipad it is on the left side

step 2:  find the option named "Meetings" and click it.

step 3: find the option named "Use Original Audio" and toggle it on.

step 4: Join the meeting.

step 5: after joining Go to the meeting's setting .

step 6: find the option named "Enable Original Sound" and click it. 

The sound should be working on bluetooth speaker after you follow the steps

This works perfect. Thanks for providing this solution.

Worked for me, thanks for sharing this solution!

This worked for me (on Google Pixel 6)! This solution should definitely be in the offical support article regarding how frequent it appears to be!

(https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/12610836866317-Using-Bluetooth-headphones-with-Zoom)

I've always been able to use bluetooth headphones (which have a microphone) with Android zoom.  The thing that doesn't work (ever) is using Zoom with an external bluetooth speaker, which doesn't have a microphone, for watching presentations which don't require interaction.  This is what I'd like Zoom feature team to address.

Also long wanting this, +1 to jockers request for external speaker. Bose mini doesn't work and i wish it did. 

Sorry, it's a soundlink micro

This is not available on Android, unless it's available somewhere other than settings. 

Thank you! It worked on my iPhone!

RobsonSilva
Listener

ATENCAO. Informo que tenho varias caixas de som Bluetooth de marcas diferentes. JBL, TRONSMART, e outras marcas. Testei usar o Zoom em todas. 

Lamentavelmente o áudio do Zoom só funcionou corretamente nas JBL. Estranho isso. Percebo que não li aqui nenhuma relato mencionando o problema com caixas da marca JBL. Decepção com o Zoom. Preciso de uma explicação.

RobsonSilva
Listener

ATTENTION. Please note that I have several Bluetooth speakers from different brands. JBL, TRONSMART, and other brands. I tested using Zoom in all of them. Unfortunately, the Zoom audio only worked correctly on the JBL. That's strange. I realize that I haven't read any reports here mentioning the problem with JBL brand speakers. Disappointment with Zoom. I need an explanation.