cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Waiting Room issue

plievens
Listener

As a host, I no longer see the people waiting in my waiting room.

therefore I can't let them in, so we can't have a meeting. 

9 REPLIES 9

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @plievens, Welcome to the Zoom Community! We are happy to see you here 🙂

Firstly, please ensure that you have enabled Waiting Room for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation panel, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under Security, verify that Waiting Room is enabled.
  5. If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, click Turn On to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom administrator.
  6. Click Edit Options to specify Waiting Room options.

After confirming that you have enabled Waiting Rooms, please take a screenshot of what you are seeing when clicking "Manage Participants" within the meeting and share it in this post. Thanks! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am experiencing the same issues. My Waiting room has always been enabled and I have not changed any of my settings. Not sure what is going on now! 

When people enter the waiting room it is not showing my personalized message or photos only stathe that is my waiting room and wait for the host to start the meeting or the host is on another meeting. Please, help! Thanks. 

Still having this issue!

suzy24d
Listener

I am experiencing the same issues. My Waiting room has always been enabled and I have not changed any of my settings.

When people enter the waiting room it is not showing my personalized message or photos only stathe that is my waiting room and wait for the host to start the meeting or the host is on another meeting. Please, help! Thanks. 

LP4
Listener

Hi, I was having the same issue and found out that the meeting ID and passcode are changing every time I start a new meeting, but when I go to meetings at the top of the home screen it shows my old ID and passcode. Still have not figured out how to get the old info to work. 

DC_SF
Listener

I have the same issue.  I call it the "Phantom Waiting Room".  This is a recent issue in the past few months.  I have been using Zoom since 2019 and it wasn't an issue before.   It is frustrating to be logged in, have started a new meeting, and having people text me that they are waiting for the host to start the meeting.  This is so frustrating that I've just started hosting all my meetings in Teams.   I hope Zoom will address the issue soon.    

rsadl001
Listener

I'm experiencing the same "Phanton Waiting Room" issue as well. I have an open ticket with support on this issue. Has anyone come up with an explanation or resolution?

AgentFly
Listener

I'm having this issue all of a sudden after years. Renders Zoom useless for me.

ErnestGaisie
Listener

I am facing the same issue. Is there a fix yet?