cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Update

StuartLutz
Listener

First, I do not have a regular paid account. I am on the Zoom "list" as I was a school teacher teaching on Zoom during Covid. I do still use Zoom as a participant. When I either want to do a Zoom Test or when I want to go to someone else's meeting, it says: Update Required. You must update to the latest version.... Then I click Join From Browser, and then asks for the Meeting Passcode ...even for just a Test. This just started a few days ago.    ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, 

The error message is telling you that your Zoom client is out of date. Zoom requires users to update periodically. If your Zoom client is below the required version you will see this error message.

in my previous  reply I linked to a support article that will help you upgrade your Zoom client.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Frank_TB

Hello,

These are all separate issues. Your Zoom client is out of date and you need to update the application.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati... 

Meeting hosts can password protect their meetings. After you update your application ask the host to share the meeting passcode.

Zoom has a test meeting you can join as well. Here is the test meeting link: 

https://zoom.us/test 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Frank_TB

Hi, 

The error message is telling you that your Zoom client is out of date. Zoom requires users to update periodically. If your Zoom client is below the required version you will see this error message.

in my previous  reply I linked to a support article that will help you upgrade your Zoom client.

Regards

StuartLutz
Listener

Hi!    ...and thank you for responding so quickly.  I'm not trying to get onto meetings that are protected.  I get an Update message even for those meetings I AM invited to.   Plus the Zoom Test.  The link you provided, I have successfully used many times.  Now I get this:

zoom.JPG

 Thanks again.

(I didn't see your response on this thread, but I did get it in my email.....)   Thank you again; I do see that link and I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!

Frank_TB

Good luck!

LaTI
Listener

Hallo! Ich soll auch ein Zoom-Update durchführen. Ich habe mich bisher immer über den Browser angemeldet und hatte den Desktop Client nicht installiert, der ein nach Updates suchen lässt. Wenn ich nun versuche, ein Update durchzuführen oder auch den Desktop Client zu installieren,  dann kommt die Meldung: „Wenden sie sich an ihr IT Support Team, um die neuste Version von Zoom zu installieren“. Ich kann mich einloggen (habe Zoom One Pro, kann aber an keinem Meeting, welches ich selbst erstellt habe, teilnehmen!

Über ein E-Ticket habe ich vom Zoom-Support die Hinweise bekommen, die man auch im Netz findet, die mir aber nicht weiterhelfen und eine weitere Anfrage meinerseits abgelehnt wurde.

Hat jemand Tipps oder Hinweise für mich?

Vielen Dank!

SL-PH
Listener

I do not have an IT department. I do pay a monthly fee; however, Zoom is telling me that I have to update, but it is not telling how. I restarted my computer a couple of times and nothing. I had a meeting this evening and nothing. How do you update this software?

Farren06
Listener

I am having the same problem -- have scheduled meeting but message say I must update. How?