cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Android USB Audio/External Microphone Not Working

SunriseOrg
Listener

So let me tell you the devices I am using.

Android Device - Samsung S10

iPhone 11
External Microphone - Wireless K8

So I bought this mic and is working as it should. When I connect it to my android and use default camera app, it starts recording audio through USB Audio and works as it should. Same goes with my iPhone. 
Now the problem is in Zoom Meeting Android as it is not picking up audio from the external mic while Zoom Meeting on iPhone picks up audio from the external mic as it should.
Can Anyone help me with this issue? Is there a setting, or anything like?

9 REPLIES 9

ShaDDow
Listener

I am having a similar issue, it works with an iPad Pro, but just not with my Android device. 

MartinCh
Listener

I have the same Issue, I would like to user wireless microphone via usb C.

It works with the phone fine, tested by creating normal video.

But it is not working via zoom, there is no option via the android app to choose microphone device.

Is there any progress here,?

It would be much appreciated

Rcap1
Listener

Ran into this same issue, found a work around if your hardware supports.  I'm using lapel mic here from amazon:

Wireless Lavalier Microphone for Android with Battery Case - EZColoris 2 Mics Condenser Lapel Microphone for Phones Laptop Tablet Mini Lav Mic for Interview Video YouTube Podcast https://a.co/d/c9F1Fdj

With just the mics attached it doesn't work in zoom (does work in camera/video app like others reported).  When I attach the earbud to the reciever (which this hardware has the option to), thus making the system more like a "headset" zoom does switchover to use the wireless mics and earbud for audio.  Hope this helps if your hardware supports a speaker!

zparka6
Listener

I have the same issue as well. I submitted a feature request to add an audio option for an external mic in the android app. But I'm not holding my breath over it. 

Ant4
Listener

this was done on an android device with a wireless usb microphone

1. Test using camera to be sure it works first.

2. connect to meeting

3. plug in ext microphone

4. go to "more " settings and enable original audio

5. click mute speaker

This solution works. Thanks 

This does not work.  Stays on phone's mic.

Does not work, if i enable original audio it keeps using internal mic. I have dji mic 2 with the usb c receiver. 

frlecube
Listener

It been already 16 years from android first release and its increíble that something as simple as connecting an external usb mic does not work in most of the conference apps!!