cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use video Virtual Background

Jiyun
Listener

I can't use video Virtual Background in zoom meetings.

Why can't I use and how can I use that?

Is it my computer's problem?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

This feature may have been disabled by either your account administrator (if you are on an owned account) or by the host of the meetings you are attending.

View solution in original post

I think then latop or phone problem

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Not being able to use VB can be due to a variety of things: 

• VB could be disabled at the account or group level by an account admin
  • It could be that you are using a meeting method that does not support VB, such as the ChromeOS app. 
  • Most likely, your device does not meet the system requirements to use VB in your meetings. 

If you can provide your system specs, we can see if they meet those requirements 

20 REPLIES 20

Rupert

This feature may have been disabled by either your account administrator (if you are on an owned account) or by the host of the meetings you are attending.

But another person can do that.

🙄

sk1
Listener

I also can't use

Jiyun
Listener

I don't know why can't we use.

🤔

I think due to network issue!!

or it's about administer only

😕

Jiyun
Listener

But my house's network is not bad.

I think then latop or phone problem

Jiyun
Listener

Yes. I think so too.😀

Jiyun
Listener

Thank you for comment. I think I know why I can't use that.

Bort

Not being able to use VB can be due to a variety of things: 

• VB could be disabled at the account or group level by an account admin
  • It could be that you are using a meeting method that does not support VB, such as the ChromeOS app. 
  • Most likely, your device does not meet the system requirements to use VB in your meetings. 

If you can provide your system specs, we can see if they meet those requirements 

If you do not have the Virtual Background tab and you have enabled it on the web portal, sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign in again.

I have a MacBookPro12,1 with Dual-Core Intel Core i5 running 2.7 GHz.  It's a single processor with dual cores, 256 KB L2 Cache, 3MB  L3 Cache, Hyper-Threading Enabled, and 8 GB RAM.  According to this article, I should be able to have virtual backgrounds.  But it's grayed out.  Pls advise.  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511

Methuki476Ahas
Listener

me too pls tell how to use

Hi @Methuki476Ahas  you need to first go to settings then go to virtual backgrounds and click background of your choice https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Changing-your-Virtual-Background-image 

Agastya_123
Listener

Hi @Jiyun   you need to first go to settings then go to virtual backgrounds and click background of your choice https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Changing-your-Virtual-Background-image

halo

sjb317
Listener

Hello, I had virtual background and the feature to improve the image but now it is gone.  Mac iOS 12.2.1.  Updated Zoom application. I am a personal user, the only one in my home.  Help please!