cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video issues

tanderson5
Listener

I have been using zoom for years. No issues

3 days ago my video started going crazy.

Changes colors. flahes, fuzzy screen.

Things I have never seen before.

I cant get it fixed. what do I do to fix video issues?

This is on my computer only

14 REPLIES 14

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi tanderson5,

this support article may help.

Troubleshooting camera issues during a meeting – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

I did all that. No help

Me too.

topher68
Listener

Tanderson5, I have the same problem here. 3 machines here, 1 win8, 2 win10 laptops. I have re-formatted both win10 laptops, one on the 12th, the other on the 13th. the machine reformatted today, i installed their software only, and ran a zoom test without setting up our accounts. It's not a camera issue, because it's the onboard camera of 3 different machines. we also have a restream account and i got the admin to let me use the account for 5 minutes and there was no issue with the camera. started wednesday morning, now it's  friday and i've been dealing with this for 3 days myself. not really sure of my next option. Someone please help.

Yep. Sounds exactly like mine and started same time

topher68
Listener

T, i found another thread on this subject. find zoom cleaner (i guess search the web) run it, it uninstalls zoom. After a restart, download 5.12.9 and turn off auto updates. it fixed the problem on the one machine I tried it on. They're coming out with a new update to fix the broken update soon.

SueInDC
Listener

You are not alone. Two days ago the same happened to e. I have been using Zoom for 3 years with no problems. I have tried everything to fix this. Are they trying to force us to upgrade????

topher68
Listener

no sue, look at my latest reply to tanderson5, run zoom cleaner, restart, download and run version 5.12.9 and during install, turn off auto update

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

This issue seemed to pop-up two updates ago, and I believe the latest update version 5.13.4 has fixed it. Prior to the update when I was experiencing this issue I went to Video Settings -> Advanced and unchecked "Optimize video quality with de-noise" and that fixed it.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Eliot

hi tanderson5,

mokimana found following response from zoom support:

"Mokihana

Listener

Options

‎2023-01-12 10:51 AM

Poked around other sites and found this response from Zoom Support: Appears the fix will occur 01/16/2023

Chris V. (Zoom)

Jan 12, 2023, 12:15 EST

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support, my name is Chris and I'll be working on this ticket with you.

I understand you are experiencing video issues after updating to the latest Zoom Version 5.13. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Our Engineers have reproduced the issue and found the root cause, the video de-noise function goes wrong when the CPU usage is high on some computers with low-performance CPUs. 

The issue is expected to be fixed on the 5.13.5 version which will be released next Monday, January 16th.

While waiting for a fix, we have these work arounds that can resolve the issue for the time being: 

Work Around 1 - Disabling video de-noise in the advanced video settings can avoid the issue.

On your Zoom App, Go to > Settings ( By clicking on the Upper right hand corner 'gear icon')

Select ‘Video’ > Advanced > Uncheck  ‘Optimize quality of the video | send with de-noise

Work Around 2 - Roll back to Previous Zoom Version 5.12.9 (Downgrading to 5.12.9 fixes the issue)

Roll back and re-install instructions for Windows

First uninstall the current Zoom version (Windows)

The following steps should help get the old installation cleared, and get Zoom reinstalled and working for you.

Could you please run the CleanZoom application in the attachments, and then restart your computer when it's finished?

Once done restarting please visit this link  

EXE 64-bit:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.10650/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64 this will automatically download the previous version for you.

Roll back and re-install instructions for MAC

Click on the Zoom Icon at the dock while you have the Zoom Client running.

On the upper left you will see zoom.us, click on Uninstall

Once Zoom is completely uninstalled,  visit this link below to roll back to the previous version.

For Intel Processors
PKG: https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg
M1 Processor version:
https://zoom.us/client/5.12.9.13190/Zoom.pkg?archType=arm64

Thanks,
Chris"

thanks.  eliot

It has now been 2 weeks and still have issue. There is no VIDEO option under settings

Seba23
Listener

I am having the exact same issue.  I reported it last Wednesday to Zoom as it started in my supervision with my supervisor at 11.30am on Wednesday and then did it all week with all my clients.  It is so off-putting strobing in green and then putting their video into mine I had turn the video off. I am working with clients today and have the same issue still nearly a week later!

I was told to click on settings and then video.  There is no video button on my settings or a de-noise as I have been told to do.  I have been told I have to pay for support, but I have used Zoom for nearly 3 years, surely when this is their issue they should sort it out when we are paying for a service!  Not impressed at all.  I shall be finding another way of seeing my clients if this continues.

Has anyone else had the same problem?  Help!  It looks like I need to cancel this subscription!

Thanks

I pay £150 per year and never had this issue before, I need it for my private practise business. 

tanderson5
Listener

I still have not got my resloved and its been over 2 weeks

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tanderson5 @Seba23 , using the Zoom app Home page, please follow these steps to locate the Video settings:

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 10.25.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 12.01.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 12.01.47 PM.png

I would also highly encourage you to completely uninstall the Zoom app, reboot the device, and then install the latest version. This should also help to fix this issue. Keep me updated! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?