cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using App on tablet as co host

Alexa05
Listener

Hello,

I want to co host on my android tablet the app sketchbook show as screen share.

Can you help me how to do this?

I can only share whiteboard and no apps/programs like powerpoint or sketchbook.

I would like to show my participants some drawing skills.

Thank you!

Alexa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanHuber
Participant

you don't need cohost on the tablet to share. the Share feature in Zoom looks like it only supports sharing devices from Apple via cable or airplay. so in order to bring your tablet, phone, or any device you will need to bring it into your computer as a virtual camera. the easiest way is to use either an HDMI switcher that outputs to USB and is seen as a webcam by your computer. they range from a simple HDMI to USB dongle up to multiple input HDMI switchers that output to USB. there are also Software video\audio switchers that do the same thing. then you simply choose a different camera in Zoom and spotlight your video in Zoom. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pizzalover28
Participant

Greetings, Alexa. 

I'm Pizzalover28 and will be glad to give you the best of assistance today. 

If you would like to beceme the cohost of a meeting, the host will have to assign you as cohost. 

Then you will be givven access to the cohost features such as muting and unmuting participants.

DanHuber
Participant

you don't need cohost on the tablet to share. the Share feature in Zoom looks like it only supports sharing devices from Apple via cable or airplay. so in order to bring your tablet, phone, or any device you will need to bring it into your computer as a virtual camera. the easiest way is to use either an HDMI switcher that outputs to USB and is seen as a webcam by your computer. they range from a simple HDMI to USB dongle up to multiple input HDMI switchers that output to USB. there are also Software video\audio switchers that do the same thing. then you simply choose a different camera in Zoom and spotlight your video in Zoom. 

Alexa05
Listener

Thank you very much for your fast answer. Helps me a lot!

Greetings, Alexa

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Alexa05 

Are you trying to activate the share from your desktop client or are you opening the Zoom client on the Android tablet?  Are you following these instructions for Android?  Look at the Android section:  Sharing your screen or desktop on Zoom – Zoom Support

Please describe exactly how you are trying to do this as this may assist us in helping you with this issue.

Thanks!