cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use MY cursor when someone ELSE is sharing screen

BlakeS
Listener

This question doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the internet. So hope someone has an idea to this. Scenario:

I am the host. my guest shares screen. I want to use my mouse cursor to point things out. NOT remote sharing, NOT me controlling actions on guests screen. Simply a movable pointer/cursor to tell guest where to go/click.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @BlakeS ,

You can accomplish what you want during Screen Sharing using the "Annotation" feature.

Zoom's annotation will allow you to use an "Arrow" to show/highlight an area of the screen to the the other meeting attendees without controlling thier mouse.

I have added a link to the Zoom documentation that can walk you through the process of using annotation.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-for-collaboration

Hope this helps!

@newl 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

newl

Hello @BlakeS ,

You can accomplish what you want during Screen Sharing using the "Annotation" feature.

Zoom's annotation will allow you to use an "Arrow" to show/highlight an area of the screen to the the other meeting attendees without controlling thier mouse.

I have added a link to the Zoom documentation that can walk you through the process of using annotation.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-for-collaboration

Hope this helps!

@newl 

amyfeit
Listener

The arrow is okay, but you would have to place an arrow and then erase it.  Other screen sharing softwares allow you to use your mouse to guide people through a complex problem (i.e. while using a program) by showing your mouse and pointing out where to click.  Is there any features like this available currently?